All About Nina Reviews

• Aug 20, 2019

I give this one star for Mary Elizabeth Winstead excellent attempt to revive a terrible script. I think I was supposed to laugh and cry, but all it inspired was groans.

• Aug 02, 2019

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is fantastic in a starring roll in Eva Vives' directorial debut. It's deep, it's uncomfortable and perhaps a little over the top, but it's executed well. Guys are going to cringe, women may feel empowered. No matter your gender you should watch, listen to understand and take away some very important truths. I'm not in love (more in admiration) with the film, but I'm in love with the concept and Vives ability to mix humor in a topic that is obscene. Life is about surviving and so is this film. Final Score: 7.2/10

• Mar 23, 2019

i thought this was a pretty good movie

i thought this was a pretty good movie

• Feb 26, 2019

“All About Nina” is a movie that made me ask myself “ Why didn’t this movie get more notice?” It’s excellent. It’s funny, smart and times hard to watch. This is a very grownup movie that features an Oscar winning worthy performance by Mary Elizabeth Winstead. She plays the title character, who some would say is a mess. The reasons, why will be revealed in stunning fashion. I think if you have problem with coarse language or nudity, this may be not be the movie for you. I loved Ms. Winstead in “Fargo”. I think after this star-making performance, I think we will see more of her. I honestly believe this was best movie in 2018 that no one heard of. Ms. Winstead definitely should have been nominated. A must see motion picture. Parental discretion is definitely advised. There are subjects in this movie, children and young adults would have trouble understanding .

• Feb 11, 2019

This movie is a gem. A tricky balance of serious and funny, sweet and sour, brilliantly executed by director Vives and cast. Mary Elizabeth Winstead should have gotten an Oscar nomination for her searing performance as Nina. Common's performance has depth, wit...and is sexy as hell. This movie surprises, enrages, and satisfies. You haven't seen it before...truly original.

• Jan 15, 2019

Oscar worthy performance by Mary Elizabeth. Go watch this if you can. Or watch it with boxxy software for free. Funny, sad, witty, and very entertaining.

• Dec 28, 2018

Winstead rupe baraca si apoi vomita pe ea

Winstead rupe baraca si apoi vomita pe ea

• Dec 25, 2018

Mary Elizabeth Winstead puts in the performance of her career. If you are a transformers type, or you like aqua man, this film might not be dumb enough, or closer to the reality TV most Americans are watching these days. Also, no explosions or special effects. She certainly showed us what she is capable with the gem of a performance she created in the last season of Fargo. This was the feature film debut for the director Eva Vives, who was also the writer on this terrific film. This was obviously a small independent film, as Hollywood has forgotten how to make such story driven, well written, tightly directed gems like this one. Common was outstanding as usual. He is an amazing talent. All of the supporting cast was excellent. The story line progressed in totally unpredictable fashion, and the ending was about as good as it could possibly be, considering the challenging direction the story took toward the end. I highly recommend this film.

• Nov 07, 2018

The movie is well shot, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead gives an exceptional performance. Kate del Castillo is particular standout as well. However, the script leans heavily into many Indie tropes that try to steer the film into "brutally honest" territory but ultimately landing in "cliched shock-attempt territory." The story for me was rather unappealing, but the performances, dialogue, and visual presentation make it a worthwhile watch.

• Oct 17, 2018

"All About Nina" houses Mary Elizabeth Winstead in her prime with a career best performance so far. Overcoming shallow tropes with a powerful feminine perspective, Eva Vives has put together a very real, very moving portrait of a woman pushing past trauma not just to survive, but to thrive. Though it doesn't feel fully fresh, "All About Nina" is pretty much the Mary Elizabeth Winstead show, and that's definitely a good thing.