All About the Benjamins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All About the Benjamins Reviews

½ December 23, 2008
Meh.
½ July 2, 2006
Bucum: Shoot out the back tire!
Reggie: Who do you think I am, Mel Gibson?

A stupid funny buddy-action-comedy that works because of how well Cube and Mike Epps get along. A lot of fun to watch, with nothing else to it, but still funny enough. And Eva Mendez is always welcome, so that also helps. Funny parts and decent action.
kpn666
½ January 4, 2007
Enjoyable black comedy. But Bad Boys is the definitive. Some good moments - especially the scenes with the stun gun and Eva Mendes is prety wacky - but a good action flick for a night in.
September 24, 2010
Mike Epps, the worst stand up I've ever seen.
½ December 7, 2007
This was an interesting movie. I like Ice Cubes character but I think Mike Epps may have stolen the show because his character was the funniest throughout the film.
½ January 20, 2007
Incredibly funny...these two ought to make more movies in the future. Mike Epps is a rare find. Ice Cube is a genius in the making. Undeniably a classic.
xxdebxx
May 16, 2011
All About The Benjamins" isn't a great movie by any means but it is funny with some really hilarious scenes. Ice Cube plays Bucum Jackson, a Miami bounty hunter who will do anything to make a quick buck. One of his jobs includes relentlessly chasing down the fast-talking con man Reggie Wright (Mike Epps) who while being pursued through city streets and back alleys stumbles upon a vicious criminal planning to exchange stolen diamonds worth $20 million dollars. Reggie hides out in the back of the getaway van, but is quickly found out. After a narrow escape, he returns home to his girlfriend Gina, played by the lovely and sexy Eva Mendes. Whilst watching the lottery on TV they realize that they have won and $60 million dollars could soon be theirs. Unfortunately Reggie accidentally left his wallet, with the winning ticket inside, back in the thieves' van. To compound his misery, he is nabbed the next day by Bucum, who is determined to throw him in jail. Suspicious of his claims to have won the lottery, Bucum reluctantly goes along with Reggie's claims of diamond theft, and soon finds out that he's telling the truth and gets more than he bargained for as they become partners, and go ahead with their plan to outsmart the bad guys. Many obstacles lie in their path, and both soon find their lives in danger.
½ August 7, 2010
HHAHAHAHAHA! Stupid!
June 30, 2012
When my brother first showed me a clip from this movie, it looked like it could've possibly been one of the most dumb movies ever, but after actually giving it a full chance and sitting down and watching the whole entire thing with him, i couldn't get enough of it. This movie had action, drama, and most of all comedy. Haha, i love watching this movie. It made m day when i first saw it. Hilarious. :D
½ March 13, 2012
All About the Benjamins (2002)

If you like the blacksploitation comedy of Mike Epps and Ice Cube's Friday franchise, then you're going to like this buddy cop movie too.

Bucum (Ice Cube) is a professional bounty hunter picking up bail jumpers and bringing them in. He's good at what he does and is thinking about going into business for himself. The mouthy office assistant, Pam (Valarie Rae Miller) knows what kind of potential Bucum has.

Bucum's next case is to pick up a low-life hustler, Reggie White (Mike Epps). Chasing him through various neighborhoods, they accidentally run into a big diamond smuggler, Williamson (Tommy Flanagan) just as he kills off a colleague who has disappointed him. Oops! Naturally, the cops are going to suspect Bucum for this.

Reggie's hot girlfriend, Gina (Eva Mendes) number came up on the lottery and Reggie has lost the winning lottery ticket inside the diamond smuggler's van. So Reggie and Bucum must join forces to retrieve his lottery ticket and Bucum can try to retrieve the diamonds.
November 22, 2011
im all about the benji movies, that dog and his adventures, nothing could beat benji in the 70s, now im all about the benjamins, my how times have changed, classic cube and epps, they should of made alot m ore movie together, there a great screen team.
September 10, 2011
You don't need a babysitter. You need a probation officer.

A local bounty hunter stumbles across a diamond thief operation that he hopes he can solve before the local police. The bounty hunter believes solving this case will give him the means to open his own private investigation company. The bounty hunter discovers a potential witness that may help him solve the crime; however, the witness is a scam artist that recently lost a lottery ticket. Can the scam artist and bounty hunter work together to achieve both of their goals?

"I got chased by a mother fucking Mexican and a big white bitch today...looking like project power rangers chasing me all over this place."

Kevin Bray, director of Linewatch and Walking Tall, delivers All About the Benjamins. The storyline for this picture has a few clever elements but is delivered with a sense of cheese that may have been mistaken for style in 2003. Mike Epps delivered a solid character and Ice Cube was the same character he is in most films. Eva Mendez was hot and delivered little else to the picture.

"I'll put a hit on you when I get a welfare check."

This movie happened to be just starting when I arrived home from work so I decided to leave it on. This picture reminded me of a corny version of Bad Boys, except Ice Cube and Mike Epps are no Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Overall, this movie isn't a complete waste of time but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

"Shoot out the back tire!"
"Who do you think I am, Mel Gibson?"

Grade: C-
August 5, 2011
I love this movie so it's said to say I don't want to see it for the next 5 years.. I seem this movie so many times it's a shame but it was anther side of Mike Epps & ice cube they did Friday as cousins now cube play a bounty hunter & mike Epps is the man he has to catch but then in a twist of fate they need each other Mike want his lottery ticket & cube trynin to get a promotion so he want to find the diamonds before the Miami PD do.
October 13, 2010
This movie sucked the acting, the jokes, and the action were all pretty much terrible. I did not find this movie amusing. I definitely say skip it.
½ December 19, 2009
Ice Cube and Mike Epps have a good chemistry here and are able to keep this over-cliched plot above water. That said, while a few jokes are funny, 4/5 of them miss and the action scenes aren't very engaging. This movies biggest problem is that it's too violent to be a comedy and too silly to be an action film. It can't decide between the two genres, so it ends up just being awkward.
March 16, 2009
Even though Mike Epps was more annoying than funny, most of the time, this was still an entertaining action movie. Nothing more, nothing less.
½ August 19, 2008
I watched it once and thought it was entertaining, to say the least. Pretty over-the-top, but what else did we expect?
December 8, 2007
It is very funny. It also has a serious purpose as well. I like how they came together and made the plan work.
October 29, 2007
"Shut tha fuck up fo I snatch that leather wig off yo motherfuckin head, wtih them swade side burns."
May 14, 2016
Excellent movie! Extremely funny! It's right up there with Friday and Money talks. If your looking for an action movie that's going to make you laugh as well, then check out All About The Benjamin's it's worth it!