All Dogs Go To Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Dogs Go To Heaven Reviews

May 16, 2017
Loved watching this as a kid and it's even better with my daughter! More songs than I remembered...Burt Reynolds' Charlie is our FAVORITE!! Love it!!!
May 10, 2017
Not one of Don Bluth's best animated features, but it sure makes you feel like you're on a journey of life! This could be a music video for U2's Where the streets have no name!
However, this took a few risks which were a little too harsh for the audience it was aiming for! Like gambling, drinking, smoking, and a truly terrifying look at Charlie's version of hell! You didn't think that it would scar you for life!? But still, a childhood classic!
½ February 24, 2017
I hated it as a kid. I should not have watched it again as a grown up.
½ January 28, 2017
A bit strange and confusing All Dogs Go To Heaven would be a slightly more better if the plot is transformed by bit. The plot is quite valid, despite the confusion, because the main thing it is original but ingenious: snobbish stray dog ??is after money, but will also do a good deed to get to heaven.
The film would perhaps be better if the dogs had replaced the people, but still really original idea for the whole family to a movie.
The rest is really tragic and sad, but also happy, because the main hero is a hell to shun.
Even though the songs seem at times irritating, yes at the end of the shockingly pink Halelujah vocal care of the rest. However, the plot of confusion is a problem.
December 22, 2016
Loved it. A beautiful story about growth, loyalty, and love.
December 16, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies because of the sheer ambition behind it. just to put this in perspective, I'm an atheist and still liked this movie about heaven.
½ August 12, 2016
This was an enjoyable, cute film which has a courageous concept and likable characters which, as the film goes on, you surprisingly get to like.
½ July 1, 2016
All Dogs Go to Heaven doesn't have great songs, it is familiar in its plot and characters and it is pretty uneven in some areas, but it is mostly a solid film that benefits from some very emotional and heartfelt sequences, a strong relationship at the center of the film, some very bold choices here and there, a solid animation and a very pleasant, charming tone to it. It isn't great, but it is perfectly solid and it is undoubtedly one of the most underrated animated films of all time.
May 24, 2016
When this film came out, it was snubbed by The Little Mermaid, but now there are people who are actually seeing potential in this film. But, I'm not one of those people. I think that The Little Mermaid is a better film. With ADGTH, the story is just bad with an inconsistent tone and mixed message. The generic characters are WAY too generic, and the other characters are jerks. The songs are forgettable. But, the animation is really good with the animals and backgrounds, but not with the humans. Skip it.
April 14, 2016
The worst movie I've ever seen.
½ April 9, 2016
it would not let me watch the movie
March 27, 2016
Ciertamente su banda sonora no es la mejor, pero es uno de esos aislados casos en que esa traba queda aplastada, por una historia, dramática y aleccionadora (de las mejores de la animación) y unos gráficos impecables. Es que su esencia y planteamiento "cielo-infierno" ya la hacen de por sí una gran producción en que hasta un anciano en sus últimos días de vida tiene mucho que aprender de ella, una lección para todos. Es sencillamente magnífica y un clásico infinitamente superior a "la gran contrincante" de su año. Que todas las personas la recuerden, sea una de las más vendidas en la historia del VHS y un clásico mundial para la transmisión televisiva hacen notar que es un clásico en todo su esquema y una de las mejores películas animadas de la historia del cine.
March 9, 2016
It's pretty much a darker kids film revolving around death and the afterlife. For what Don Bluth made, I really enjoyed it. All though not an excellent movie, it's a good little flick that has some purpose.
½ February 13, 2016
One of my favorite movies from my childhood, just watch it!
February 2, 2016
Movies win the best feature film in the academys, and never a animated film. This is excelent, and best that: the modern disney. Is best that Real action movies of his times. Is the 1989 best film.... totally!!!
½ December 2, 2015
It's ok. Not my favorite.
½ November 13, 2015
Don Bluth´s animation is as always impressive and the acting is pretty good but constant musical pauses are kind of annoying and completely take you out of the story. it´s relatively harmless but there are way better movies out there that you can watch with your family
½ June 4, 2015
An underrated animated classic.
May 13, 2015