All Dogs Go To Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Dogs Go To Heaven Reviews

½ July 1, 2016
All Dogs Go to Heaven doesn't have great songs, it is familiar in its plot and characters and it is pretty uneven in some areas, but it is mostly a solid film that benefits from some very emotional and heartfelt sequences, a strong relationship at the center of the film, some very bold choices here and there, a solid animation and a very pleasant, charming tone to it. It isn't great, but it is perfectly solid and it is undoubtedly one of the most underrated animated films of all time.
June 19, 2016
Not one of Don Bluth's best animated features, but it sure makes you feel like you're on a journey of life! This could be a music video for U2's Where the streets have no name!
May 24, 2016
When this film came out, it was snubbed by The Little Mermaid, but now there are people who are actually seeing potential in this film. But, I'm not one of those people. I think that The Little Mermaid is a better film. With ADGTH, the story is just bad with an inconsistent tone and mixed message. The generic characters are WAY too generic, and the other characters are jerks. The songs are forgettable. But, the animation is really good with the animals and backgrounds, but not with the humans. Skip it.
April 14, 2016
The worst movie I've ever seen.
½ April 9, 2016
it would not let me watch the movie
March 27, 2016
Ciertamente su banda sonora no es la mejor, pero es uno de esos aislados casos en que esa traba queda aplastada, por una historia, dramática y aleccionadora (de las mejores de la animación) y unos gráficos impecables. Es que su esencia y planteamiento "cielo-infierno" ya la hacen de por sí una gran producción en que hasta un anciano en sus últimos días de vida tiene mucho que aprender de ella, una lección para todos. Es sencillamente magnífica y un clásico infinitamente superior a "la gran contrincante" de su año. Que todas las personas la recuerden, sea una de las más vendidas en la historia del VHS y un clásico mundial para la transmisión televisiva hacen notar que es un clásico en todo su esquema y una de las mejores películas animadas de la historia del cine.
March 9, 2016
It's pretty much a darker kids film revolving around death and the afterlife. For what Don Bluth made, I really enjoyed it. All though not an excellent movie, it's a good little flick that has some purpose.
½ February 13, 2016
One of my favorite movies from my childhood, just watch it!
February 2, 2016
Movies win the best feature film in the academys, and never a animated film. This is excelent, and best that: the modern disney. Is best that Real action movies of his times. Is the 1989 best film.... totally!!!
½ December 2, 2015
It's ok. Not my favorite.
½ November 13, 2015
Don Bluth´s animation is as always impressive and the acting is pretty good but constant musical pauses are kind of annoying and completely take you out of the story. it´s relatively harmless but there are way better movies out there that you can watch with your family
½ June 4, 2015
An underrated animated classic.
May 13, 2015
80% on my Tomatometer.
April 26, 2015
As a kid I really loved this one.
April 20, 2015
After the collaboration with Spielberg, Don Bluth directed and wrote with Gary Goldman one of their best works, "all dogs go to heaven". Despite the fact its a animated movie, we can't say its a movie for children... or maybe, not only for them: full of good emations, enviroments often raw (gangsterism and betting), sensitive issues , but still well treated like the death and excellent teachings also aimed at a more mature audience ( for whom the love of Charlie Anne Marie for which eventually sacrifices his own life , the friendship between the protagonist and Itchy and how to fill the life,choosing between selfish gain or dedicating oneself to others ). As always, the animation is excellent , the characters constructed with accuracy without stereotypes and songs , although not destined to become classics , will always remain in the hearts of those who loved this film since childhood, like me. A child could be scared in front of some infernal scenes or violence , but still moved by the final and have fun at the same time. All dogs go to heaven is a little and powerfull movie for every body. Join it
April 16, 2015
Just not my cup of tea....slow and boring.
April 12, 2015
A great film but I don't think the title fits. If its called All Dogs Go To Heaven then how can there be a doggie hell. Not to mention the Annabelle saying you can never come back. But that's the only problem I have with the film.
½ April 3, 2015
Enjoyable animated Disney classic movie about Dogs, the fun they have and travels from Heaven & Earth to save a little girl
January 10, 2015
I tried watching this again. Charlie started singing, then I left. I might go back to it and give it another chance again. Until I do though, the score I gave it when I was younger of a five goes to a 2.5. A similar story/trend to/as with many things I once liked as a younger guy. Hm. I'll leave it at a three not to be too cruel to my younger self.
½ November 28, 2014
"ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN... OR NOT?"

- 'All Dogs Go to Heaven' is a 1989 animation film directed and produced by Don Bluth (An American Tale, Land Before Time). Another childhood classic, although it did seem better when I watched it as a child. The film tells the story of German Sheppard Charlie, who's murdered by his associate and goes to Heaven. There he learns that he has done no good In his life. With the voices of Burt Reynolds (Deliverance, The Longest Yard) and Dom DeLuise (The Cannonball Run, Haunted Honeymoon).

New Orleans 1939, German Sheppard Charlie (Reynolds) escapes from the dog pound with the help of his nervous friend Itchy (DeLuise). The two go to the casino of Charlie's associate Carface. While Itchy gets lost inside the hallways, Charlie gets drunk and gets murdered by Carface. When arriving in Heaven, Charlie learns that he has done nothing good with his life. Determined to set the record straight, he returns to Earth. Together with Itchy he forces his way into Carface's casino. They stumble upon an orphan girl named Anne-Marie, who is able to talk to animals. With her help, the dogs want to get rich and build a casino of their own. But the longer Charlie takes to do something good, the less change he'll get to return to Heaven...