All Dogs Go To Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Dogs Go To Heaven Reviews

April 20, 2015
After the collaboration with Spielberg, Don Bluth directed and wrote with Gary Goldman one of their best works, "all dogs go to heaven". Despite the fact its a animated movie, we can't say its a movie for children... or maybe, not only for them: full of good emations, enviroments often raw (gangsterism and betting), sensitive issues , but still well treated like the death and excellent teachings also aimed at a more mature audience ( for whom the love of Charlie Anne Marie for which eventually sacrifices his own life , the friendship between the protagonist and Itchy and how to fill the life,choosing between selfish gain or dedicating oneself to others ). As always, the animation is excellent , the characters constructed with accuracy without stereotypes and songs , although not destined to become classics , will always remain in the hearts of those who loved this film since childhood, like me. A child could be scared in front of some infernal scenes or violence , but still moved by the final and have fun at the same time. All dogs go to heaven is a little and powerfull movie for every body. Join it
April 16, 2015
Just not my cup of tea....slow and boring.
April 12, 2015
A great film but I don't think the title fits. If its called All Dogs Go To Heaven then how can there be a doggie hell. Not to mention the Annabelle saying you can never come back. But that's the only problem I have with the film.
½ April 3, 2015
Enjoyable animated Disney classic movie about Dogs, the fun they have and travels from Heaven & Earth to save a little girl
January 10, 2015
I tried watching this again. Charlie started singing, then I left. I might go back to it and give it another chance again. Until I do though, the score I gave it when I was younger of a five goes to a 2.5. A similar story/trend to/as with many things I once liked as a younger guy. Hm. I'll leave it at a three not to be too cruel to my younger self.
½ November 28, 2014
"ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN... OR NOT?"

- 'All Dogs Go to Heaven' is a 1989 animation film directed and produced by Don Bluth (An American Tale, Land Before Time). Another childhood classic, although it did seem better when I watched it as a child. The film tells the story of German Sheppard Charlie, who's murdered by his associate and goes to Heaven. There he learns that he has done no good In his life. With the voices of Burt Reynolds (Deliverance, The Longest Yard) and Dom DeLuise (The Cannonball Run, Haunted Honeymoon).

New Orleans 1939, German Sheppard Charlie (Reynolds) escapes from the dog pound with the help of his nervous friend Itchy (DeLuise). The two go to the casino of Charlie's associate Carface. While Itchy gets lost inside the hallways, Charlie gets drunk and gets murdered by Carface. When arriving in Heaven, Charlie learns that he has done nothing good with his life. Determined to set the record straight, he returns to Earth. Together with Itchy he forces his way into Carface's casino. They stumble upon an orphan girl named Anne-Marie, who is able to talk to animals. With her help, the dogs want to get rich and build a casino of their own. But the longer Charlie takes to do something good, the less change he'll get to return to Heaven...
November 9, 2014
I recall seeing bits & pieces of "All Dogs Go To Heaven" when I was a child in the 1990s & I thought it was alright. After seeing the entire film recently, I can say it's not very good (especially by Don Bluth standards). For starters, the use of smoking, drinking, & gambling is a bit much for a children's film; there's also the use of attempted murder. Most of the characters (except for the innocent Anne-Marie) are rather obnoxious toward one another that you couldn't tell if they really care at all. The songs aren't appealing, either. In conclusion, I thought "All Dogs Go To Heaven 2" had a little more heart & plot. That said, "All Dogs Go To Heaven" is not really the ideal family film, even if it tried to have some heart & caring moments.
October 28, 2014
Don Bluth made a movie about dogs that are ghosts and help a little girl, awesomeness!
September 27, 2014
A beautiful, nostalgic film that touches the heart and makes the audience laugh healthily. Definitely a movie for everyone to watch at least 10 times. Essential to a childhood.
September 16, 2014
Great fun.

Typical Don Bluth to make entertaining media with a sense of seriousness.
July 25, 2014
Probably another of my favorite of Don Bluth's work
There are some dark moments within the movie,and how it displays alcohol and drugs the characters use,but Mr. Bluth does his best to at least give a little hint that this is not only for kids but for teens and adults.
The dark and scary moments,including Charlie's nightmare scene is a bit too much to be stuck in the child's mind for some time - but as I watch this movie again,it's not so bad.

All in all,Don Bluth's best work
½ July 7, 2014
I used to love this movie. I havent seen it in forever though.
June 30, 2014
As well written as it is touching, All Dogs Go To Heaven is a fitting and worthy member of Don Bluth's line of memorable classics. If I had to say ANYTHING negative about this film, its that it was probably too avant guarde for it's audience.
June 20, 2014
A loving film that showcased what true friendship and redemtion really is. Rounded off with good acting by Burt Renolds this is a film that family's will enjoy for years.
May 27, 2014
another underrated don bluth classic! but sadly this was his last good movie
May 24, 2014
All Dogs Go To Heaven, is one of those movies where you either love it, or you hate it. Me? I thought it was disappointing. It's not the worst movie I saw, but it can't hold a candle to Don Bluth's better films like The Secret of Nihm or The Land Before Time. Also, I didn't like the character of Charlie the German Shepard. I kinda thought he was a dick. I know that's the point, but it makes him more mean spirited than charming. And he ends up saving the day at the end.
½ May 14, 2014
I'm split down the middle.
½ May 10, 2014
I put half-and-half in my popcorn watching this.
May 3, 2014
another jewel in the don bluth library all dogs go to heaven is heart warming, beautifully animated, and carries that don bluth charm plus who can argue with the magical voice of don deluise. this may not be on the same level as land before time but its well worth a watch and even an add to your collection.
April 23, 2014
I absolutely love this movie when I was a younger kid, I think your children will like this film.