All Eyez on Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Eyez on Me Reviews

½ September 19, 2017
I have no idea the order this movie is in.
September 19, 2017
Pass. This one is not for me.
September 17, 2017
expectations where higher but was ok. the movie seems so rushed.
½ September 15, 2017
I saw this in theaters and loved it, but always liked the TuPac story and you did see much of it in film. Unfortunately I read one review and they really nailed the problem, its more like a Wikipedia page entry to life than a movie.

If you look at a movie like Straight Outta Compton there is more story telling, it starts at a specific spot. Here they are trying to build all the history through flashbacks. So the problem is the movie is jumpy from each of his big times in his life. Still fun to watch, would still watch again. Its just a shame they didn't make it into an awesome movie instead of 2Pac bullet points brought to life.
½ September 14, 2017
Awful..just boring ..
½ September 14, 2017
Truly awful. Obviously more focused on the political commentary than good acting, directing, or writing.
September 13, 2017
This is no Straight Out of Compton.
½ September 12, 2017
Good origin story but it never tells us how close they got to solving Tupacs murder and the director said him self there was A LOT of informational things they had on the rapper but wasn't able to use in the movie like wtf
September 11, 2017
Movie is horrible .They should have done a hell of a lot better than this garbage.
½ September 10, 2017
I'm on flixster to comment on films. This movie defeats the purpose.
½ September 9, 2017
This may be the worst biographical film I've ever seen and certainly the worst hip hop one. It plays like a low budget TV movie and this made it to box offices?! Proof that 2017 was a baaaad year for Hollywood. 2pac was not only a complex figure with a compelling story, he could also act. This portrayal isn't complex, certainly not compelling and no one in it seems to be able to act, though it'd be hard to tell with such poor writing. Danai Gurira is a good actress, so she gets a pass here, but I am so let down. Was excited to see it after so many good hip hop biographical portrayals came before it and even though Pac provides a better story than most, the execution leaves tailing waaaay behind. Sorry I watched this.
½ September 9, 2017
they misspelled eyes. dumbasses
½ September 8, 2017
Fact checking was not done very well. They showed him performing a song live that wasnt released until well after his death. Skipped through important topics and stayed on some to long. For example the concert with digitial could have been cut to 10 or 20 second, instead it was several minutes of which tupac was just running around the stage. It was a catch 22, if you already knew his story you picked up on all the wrong doings and if you knew not much more than he was a rapper that died the movie relied on you knowing his story. They dropped the ball on making sure the audience knew who people were and why they where important. I agree the 2003 tupac resurrection was a mich better film that covered his story better. All eyez on me didnt cover the last year of his live very well.
September 8, 2017
Demetrius Shipp Jr. propose une belle performance en tant que l'icone du rap Tupac Shakur mais c'est dommage de voir que le film survole simplement la carrière du chanteur. Tout de même un film intéressant que l'on soit fan de sa musique ou pas.
September 6, 2017
Oof....this was lifetime movie rough. PAC deserves better than this. Go watch the 2pac resurrection doc instead. They moved so quick through shit and I get that it's a lot to cover in one movie but it was poorly put together.
September 6, 2017
How in the hell is this getting derided?! I swear, I'll never understand modern critics... Sure it basically plays by the numbers of a typical biopic, and breezes through the major events, without really stopping to focus on some kind of profound narative. But this is an interesting story enough on its own, that it's compelling. And everybody does a good job. On top of that, we even get small glimpses as to who the man was on a deeper level. Sure Pac deserved a groundbreaking movie, but this was a good one still.
½ September 3, 2017
TV movie level acting and horrible editing.
September 1, 2017
I don't understand the negativity? Was it flawed? Sure. Was it bad? No! It kept me entertained, the music alone makes it better than the ratings it is getting. Even if it is all correct what biopic is?
August 30, 2017
I thought this was much better than the ratings that were given. Probably cause I like the history of the rap game and grew up listening to them all with 2Pac being my favorite. I would recommend checking it out if you liked the trailer.
August 29, 2017
All Eyez On Me is probably the best on-screen portrayal of Tupac's life we will get. The lead actor delivers an impeccable performance as the icon, but is however, surrounded by a less than stellar supporting cast. The direction is solid, though mostly ineffective in its jumps in time from his early career to his jail sentence. The script is a little rough and makes the story seem uneven, leaving the audience questioning why certain scenes were included in the finished product. Overall, the movie is one that is entertaining and inspiring, though not a masterpiece. It reveals areas of his upbringing as a cultural phenomenon to a new generation and is, for the most part, successful in its efforts. Main problem- unpolished screenplay that leaves many powerless scenes. Main commendation- Demetrius Shipp Jr as Shakur. Rating: 3/5