All I Want Reviews

• Aug 01, 2020

I'm a sucker for ensemble dramas and this doesn't disappoint! Love the reveals throughout and the thought provoking story of relationships and commitment. Nice blend of comic relief as well as great acting from the leads.

• Apr 11, 2020

A pretty good film with a great ensemble cast that tell the story of Mel and her husband Drew. What apprears to be the perfect marriage is revealed and exposed throughout the movie in interesting and intersecting plot lines. The leads give strong performances and the story unfolds well and keeps your attention. The story is real and raw and does not require too much action to deliver the message. I enjoyed it. Good story, well acted and a few twists.

• Nov 11, 2019

Remember when our parents used to watch that show 30something on TV? I'm pretty sure this is that for our generation. All I Want tackles what it's like to be in your late 30's/early 40's and facing all of the questions about what it means to be a grown up and how to live an authentic life. The filmmaking was great, as was the acting and music.

• Nov 01, 2019

A very sincere indie drama that deals with the different types of relationships we hold. The filmmakers did a nice job giving us different perspectives on what it's like to "adult" in this crazy world that's filled with complications and trials. I enjoyed it a lot.

• Oct 27, 2019

I loved the way this film had my putting together all the pieces right up until the end. Some heavy subject matter dealt with using heart and humor. A very honest look at relationships. Recommend!

• Apr 25, 2019

This is a pretty well acted dramedy about people moving on from a marriage of 10 years....and I think they thought it would be a fun thing to get all their friends together to let them know they are divorcing but realize they are not feeling as lighthearted as they may have initially thought. Thus ensues a bit of drama and a comedy of errors. There are highs and lows in the filmmaking, but when it was over it was able to get me to buy into theses peoples lives and feel a little emotional about how fast time feels like its going by once you're in your late 30s (which all of these characters seem to be...so maybe I am the mark for this). Was a good watch the girlfriend.

• Apr 23, 2019

"All I Want" is an honest indie drama about the difficulties of adult relationships. Mel and Drew are having a 10th anniversary party at their house with their closest friends, but beneath the celebratory atmosphere we notice that their relationship is on the rocks. They don't seem to be the only couple who is dealing with challenges. Several couples are facing the challenges that are all too familiar to those in their 30s or so, like whether to have kids and generally keeping up with the Joneses. I have to admit that I've heard these conversations amongst my friends in real life, so the film feels like an authentic glimpse into modern day relationships at that age. Several performances in the film are quite good and the chemistry, or intentional lack there of, amongst the wide ensemble of actors is evident as they play off of each other very well. I also appreciated that while the film is dealing with some challenging issues in relationships, the film also offers just enough laughs so that the film never gets too heavy and is consistently enjoyable. I'd highly recommend "All I Want" to anyone interested in an authentic drama about relationships.

• Apr 23, 2019

West Liang is at the helm of "All I Want," directing an ensemble cast through the full gamut of relationship-driven dynamics in a film that's as thought-provoking as it is enjoyable. As Mel, Melissa Center is the film's female lead, and she anchors things down in a complicated role performed with terrific aplomb. We soon find her at a party held on her behalf, as she's celebrating a 10-year anniversary with husband Drew. Some news drops at the party, and this serves as the driver for the film's storyline progression. This is a great cast. They hold their own individually, and demonstrate cohesion as a group. Liang's story is real and allows her cast to breathe and find space in the film. It's not action or the proverbial great reveal that drives "All I Want." It's the convincing nature of its cast of characters living believable and interesting lives within the confines of a hugely believable film.

• Aug 17, 2018

This story is very sentimental. There are many couples dream about the relationship without crises, where everything is good and on time. Only mature, wise people think about the future, care about the future and know how to prevent future difficulties. Both heroes are good in busyness and can do a lot of amazing things, but family life is difficult for them. The message of the story is simple: say the truth to your partner, friends and relatives. Be honest with yourself and everything will be fine. Acting is very good. I really like the cast at all. In my opinion Melissa Center is a very bright and artistic person. I would recommend this movie to the family-oriented audience.

• Jul 05, 2018

There are so few movies out there these days that reflect on the evolution of marriages and friendships through all that life brings over a decade- and this film did just that. I loved watching the friendship dynamics that transpired, and related so much on how so much can change through so many different types of relationships over a ten year span. Great acting, fab story, and completely relatable.