All Roads Lead Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Roads Lead Home Reviews

September 1, 2015
Wow. Grief, loss and bitterness are such overused plot devices. In real life do we hold death against people? Or, do we grieve together? There seem to be way too many films with a stoic patriarch or matriarch that holds the death of a son or daughter against the survivors. Grandparents that need an event to force them to bond and start to love their grandkids. I get that generations lose some connection, but this film really stretches it.

Peter Boyle does not look good in this, his last film appearance.

Even in small ways, Patton Oswalt steals every scene he's in. The main characters are just broad strokes.

The final straw is the lesser story about the vet and the mystery of the dying dogs. There's too much coincidence and optimism is how it is resolved. It would be nice if there were actually a company in real life that would do what happens near the end of the film. Sadly, no. It only happens in the movies.
½ June 22, 2013
I believed the reviews here, but was disappointed with this DVD. I was going to buy this for my nieces, but it wouldn't hold their interest at all. Unfortunately, this movie is slow, the plot is inane, the acting is mediocre, and the girl doesn't even get to the farm until1/3 of the way through the movie. I forced my self to watch the first 7 minutes, then fast-forwarded through the rest of the film, hoping it would get better. It didn't.
January 14, 2013
I thought it was a sweet movie. Certainly not the best, but it has good values and helps teach kids to cherish life. At least it did for me.
January 1, 2011
loved this movie ... especially the link to to kill a mockingbird
September 26, 2010
This film really could've been better, but it does an okay job. I found the film to be way to choppy and too preachy. However I do appreciate what they were trying to accomplish. I also thought it was nice to see Peter Boyle, in his last appearance, one more time. The film was fine, however in the end, I thought the film could've and should've been better.
½ April 20, 2010
I had a hard time keeping focused on this one. It was a good story, if you like the Lifetime channel movies, but it was difficult to watch Peter Boyle. He looked so ill in this, which had to be almost his last movie.
½ February 25, 2010
Silly and vapid. How can they even try to pass this off as a wonderful family film???
½ February 25, 2010
February 8, 2010
A fair little movie at best - but was on a low budget. Nice to see Peter Coyote and a great performance by him. Peter Boyle gives his final performance in this film but it's very evident how frail he is. Story of a 12 yr old girl who's loss of her mother and troubled relationship with her father takes her to her grandfather's (Coyote) ranch to work and live..
January 9, 2010
This is a good movie.
½ January 1, 2010
amazing movie but very sad.
December 22, 2009
it touched my heart =]
December 9, 2009
Rather death obsessed for a family film. The acting is uneven, some good, some not so good. It?s a tired old story and has been done a lot better in other films. Some beautiful location filming helps.
½ December 9, 2009
½ November 19, 2009
Great cast, good acting, but pointless and plodding.
October 26, 2009
a great movie for anybody wheather you are a young child or an adult, it has so many emotions thoughout the movie you can't help but feel you are there
½ September 10, 2009
Such a sweet tale. Not the best acting or direction, but it has charm.
July 17, 2009
I watched this with my daughters and they lost interest in parts throughout. The story, while a good one, is slow and lethargic and Vivien Cardone (although doing a great job as the rebellious Belle) was more than slightly infuriating at times. Peter Coyote and Jason London did fantastic jobs and their interaction with Belle was very realistic - although from a parental point of view they had much more patience than any parent I know!
July 11, 2009
where get movie at store ?
June 24, 2009
I thought it was a great story with a good moral. However, some of the acting wasn't so good. Peter Coyote isn't convincing as a rancher/farmer. It did get to me emotionally a few times, but it wasn't so intense a kid couldn't watch it. Great family movie.