All the Days Before Tomorrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All the Days Before Tomorrow Reviews

½ May 28, 2013
Another well intentioned indie filled with "deep meaning" as platonic friends spend some time together and basically wonder about why they're still only platonic. While there are moments that ring true, some of those very moments of truth come through ... yawn ... lengthy stretches where nada happens. If I were in a couple about to break up and wanted to finish the job, this would be the perfect film, relying as it does on the fact that nobody's perfect.
January 30, 2013
A bit loopy at times (in a good way) but very sweet. Great music too.
January 1, 2013
WOWI loved this movie. Given I'm an Independent Film lover and enjoy odd plots or backwards movies and psychological thrillers... This movie was, at first, slow and I wasn't sure if I'd stop it in the first 15mins. But by the end I loved both these characters SOOO much and wanted MORE. However a quick Google search shows that the Directors new and has nothing else, nor the actors... =(

If anything was wrong with this award winning film it was the timeline. It jumps, from end to beginning and does a whole lot of in-between then back to beginning, then some dreams, then back to ending and then middle again. (I love weird things like "Memento" which goes backwards) But this movie had me lost as far as the progression. Which more than likely lost 90% of viewers.

However it didn't matter much to me, cause by the end I wanted to watch it again. And that, believe me is rare for me. Best MOVIE in YEARS.
½ August 21, 2012
liked the open ending... :)
May 6, 2012
what a boring ass movie..
½ September 18, 2011
An ok two-person drama about close friendship between a guy and a girl. Having a couple relationships like this a long, long time ago... I felt for the guy. Brings you back.
June 11, 2011
I wasn't a big fan of the black and white dream sequences between Wes and his guardian angel. The main characters have a cute and believable relationship with each other, where they are *almost* more than friends but circumstances keep getting in the way. I thought the dialogue between Wes and Alison seemed sort of improvved, like it wasn't in the script and the actors just went with it. Their conversations sounded like the kind of random, teasing nonsense that usually passes between two good friends. So I kind of liked that aspect. But I can't say I liked the abrupt ending all that much.
½ May 31, 2011
The development of the story is very well thought out, but it gets a little tedious at times. Also, the black and white dream sequences seemed a little superfluous, though I liked the idea behind them. Overall, it was slow but not a bad film.
½ May 2, 2011
A low key move that I liked a lot for not f-ing me up mentally. I think I had one fantastic thought in the whole film. Oh yeah it was durring the water mellon discussion. Also really enjoyed identifying with the male character for a change - which is understandable as he is metro.

Female character is bizarrely unlikable to start and male character seems too handsome. But these are only occasionally noticeable.
½ March 18, 2011
Girls, girls, goddamn girls. This one is kind of hard to rate. A few things that could be considered awful, yet it still works as a story of a friendship between guy and girl that almost gets to the next level but never quite does. Along with war stories, I think these stories are often the most compelling and are thus some of my favs.

I don't like the chronology of the story and the dialogue is simply awful. Those are the big strikes. Somehow, the dialogue does work, mostly as a way to fill the void of silence. As much as I hate it, maybe I hate it because that's how I have acted before. The big perks of the movie are the cinematography, production, and maybe some of the minutia. Great shots, great use of music, and even when the dialogue is bad, some of the body language is pretty spot on. The three combined still manage to bring in some emotion into what could otherwise be a very dry and boring movie.

Holden was in Aerosmith's Hole in my Soul music video long ago so I always like to see her pop up in movies. She is adorable at times, sexy at others, and annoying in others. Probably like a real girl. Kern is very subtle, which actually seems to be a great read on a guy who likes a girl and likes to hang with her but knows deep down that's all he gets.

I've seen plenty of movies in this genre, if it can be called that. This one falls short of those...largely because of the dialogue and a story that really tries too hard, but still not too bad for an indie.
½ January 30, 2011
Alexandra Holden and Joey Kern (the shirtless guy in Sasquatch Gang) play friends and almost something else in this weird little film that flashes back and forth throughout the movie. The premise was promising but the film was just lacking in the dialogue between the two characters. I just didn't feel enough for the two leads in their continuing relationship. I don't know if it was the actors' fault or the direction or the script but something was definitely missing. After spending a summer together a year ago but ending suddenly with a kiss, Alison (Holden) calls up Wes (Kern) and tells him that she's in town, wasn't going to even call him but did and asks if she can see him before she flies out to Tokyo to her boyfriend the next morning. He reluctantly agrees and we see what has transpired previously in their friendship and relationship in flashbacks to two years ago when they met and a year ago in that summer together. Alexandra Holden has an easier time in the script because she seems to be the adventurous one while Joey Kern's character is the more reserved to the point of boredom for the viewer. His character seems to be monotone throughout the movie with Holden's character not much different. When a movie plays out like this you had better have exciting and believable characters and a snappy script but unfortunately this movie lacks the magic to make it work.
December 21, 2010
I don't know. But I don't think I have to.
½ September 26, 2010
No point this movie.. You're always waiting for something to happen and it never does then the movie ends.
September 9, 2010
Artistically beautiful in some ways but loosing much in the characters and sadly some poor performances but the main pair.
½ September 6, 2010
the cinematography is beautiful n the music is good. however, the story... way too long n a bit tedious to me. and it was hard to see the self-indulgent character.
½ August 27, 2010
love it. very romantic and lovely.

funny in an odd way.definitely my kind of movie
½ April 4, 2010
the movie has a constant pace, but in the same time making you think and long for the drama part, point, just to discover what it is, where is this movie getting at. and actually, I think I should not have been waiting for this moment, but actually just enjoy and discover in the same time. people would say it is hard to have this type of relationship. i do not know if it is true or not, but truth be told, I have always wanted one like this.
November 20, 2009
Something you need to know before this review: My best friend is a female; name Sara. We talk for hours at a time, and do things with each other that we can't do with others (nothing dirty, you sicko!), even our SOs (if any exist at the time of us hanging out). This movie follows two best friends, a guy and a girl, who have seen each other in awhile, she moved to Tokyo. She's back in town and he's taking her to the airport, we then get flashbacks and flashbacks and more flashbacks, and flashbacks within flashbacks and surreal dream sequences involving Richard Rountree as the most odd guardian angel ever! It plays out very much like how my relationship with Sara has gone (and still is going). SInce it seemed so real to me, and I could easily relate, and found the acting and chemistry to be very good, and it had amazing cinematography, I recommend this to everyone. Plus, kickass title!