All The Rage (Saved By Sarno) Reviews

• Apr 07, 2019

This is an intimate documentary as co-director Michael Galinsky explores his personal history to get to the root of his back pain problems. Yes, a person's mental state can cause physical pain. This is the "radical" theory that was promoted by Dr. John Sarno -- which isn't really radical except in our over-medicated Western society. Luckily, Galinsky -- and his partners Suki Hawley and David Beilinson -- began this project while Dr. Sarno was alive, so he appears significantly in the film. Also in the film are some of his more famous patients such as Howard Stern and Larry David. This is a great film that doesn't follow in the typical footsteps of medical documentaries, which is fitting given Dr. Sarno's non-traditional approach to medicine. Fascinating stuff.

• Jan 16, 2019

Itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s time we see a movie with truth!!!! Weï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)re so brainwashed that there is something wrong with us and the truth is, weï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)ve adopted those beliefs but the only thing that needs attention are our emotions and thought!! Brilliant and eye opening documentary! Thank you!

• Jul 26, 2018

The fact that the body and mind are indelibly linked may seem like conventional wisdom but it is an idea that isn't given much currency within US medicine. At least that has been my experience. A friend recommended this movie after I had been complaining about excruciating back pain for some time. After months of struggling to figure out the correct course of treatment I was surprised at what the film laid out. Essentially, I started to embrace some of the ideas in the film and after several weeks I started to feel much better. Beyond feeling personally connected to the subject matter the film is a tightly told story that follows the journey of the filmmaker as he engages his subject. This can be dangerous territory if not done correctly and 'All the Rage' really pulls it off. It wouldn't have been possible for the film to reach the emotional highs it pulls off if handled like a regular bio-pic. It is at once funny, infuriating and life affirming.

• Apr 27, 2018

Finally had a chance to experience this documentary film on pain. HIGHLY recommended as it is a very personal yet universal film about pain and the mind body connection. The film works on many levels bringing us into a personal story of the film maker's relationship to chronic pain as well as the medical industry's refusal to step outside it's bottom line ethics. It shows the resignation that many people have and the mindset that we are not in control of our own bodies and just how much faith we put into the medical industry that offers drugs and cutting instead of looking inside of ourselves and dealing with our emotional pain. A truly beautiful universal documentary with AMAZING photographic moments - stunning and moving. As someone that has also experienced two intense episodes of extreme back pain (that left me literally floored, for days and that came out of nowhere) I feel like this film was more helpful than any medical advice I got that just left me frustrated. HIGHLY recommended especially to the skeptics of the mind body connection!

• Jan 26, 2018

Through one man's journey, we see how Sarnos philosophy can help with chronic pain. There's no one formula and everyone's journey through healing is different, yet all the same.

• Oct 11, 2017

This film's message is based on the findings of Dr.John Sarno, showing the mind body connection. Anyone with any type of pain or ailment should see this film and/or read Dr.Sarnos books. It is life changing and shows you that our healthcare and pain management systems are completely irrelevant and dated. I know this all to be true from my own personal experience. I can't express how important this film is. A MUST SEE!!! The negetive reviews are totally missing the point.

• Oct 05, 2017

"There's really no room for debate and conflict in this. They go their way and I go mine ... we don't have the opportunity to have this debate and I really don't know how to go about creating that opportunity ..." Dr. J.E.Sarno, movie "All The Rage" How to make a deaf person hear a difference in a sound of a jackhammer and a note that was made by a gentle touch of a harp string ? How to make a blind man see the 150 shades of grey or the difference between red and yellow ? And how to teach a blind and deaf person to express themselves if they've never heard a word, if they've never seen the letters ? It seems impossible, right ? Could you imagine doing it without a help of any sophisticated electronic devices or applications ... ? No, right? Yet Hellen Keller (June 27, 1880 - June 1, 1968) an American author, political activist, and lecturer showed that it is possible. Not only to see and hear, but to express herself in so many nuances. She actually learned to talk, and eventually she found out how to 'hear' music too. She gave inspirational speeches on HAPPINESS! I don't think that there is anything that Hellen Keller couldn't do or learn ... unbelievable, right ... Now what drugs did she take that make her do it ? Which part of her body made her do it ? Her neocortex, some neurons, her heart, her limbs, maybe she was affected with a special virus or bacteria who were responsible for it !?!? Or was it that INVISIBLE force, something greater than her physical body, greater than her brain ? ... That inner invisible force cannot be measured, cannot be put into numbers, we can't even really say for sure where this invisible force abides in our bodies ... It was HER WILLINGNESS to hear, HER WILLINGNESS to listen and learn, her WILLINGNESS TO TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY for her own life !!! Can we measure willingness ? No we can't ! But, whether we like it or not, we all have this invisible inner force, yet some of us are not aware of it, some of us do not want to acknowledge it ... And how we use this invisible inner force IS manifested in our bodies, in our behavior, in our environment - in our physical world, and this is something that is measurable. We all dream and wish for a magic pill that will make our pain disappear forever. And Dr. Sarno did discover that magic pill, but in our over-material world is not "magic" enough ... No one can buy it, no one can make money on it, it is not a new sophisticated electronic apparatus, so no one can be proud that he or she is the first one to have bought it !!! Dr. Sarno discovered something that has always been here, within us, we just had to give a closer look to find it. This move gives us such a great portrait of human life, so fragile yet so powerful, full of all 150 and more shades of all colors of our emotions ! This movie has it all, it is more than just a documentary, it is real ! It has it all for deaf and blind and those who can physically hear and see ... But when there is no willingness to listen and learn then there is no room for discussion or conflict and it is impossible to make an opportunity for it, because we are moving in opposite directions, on two different roads that will never cross ... only the most brave ones have the guts to make a U turn. As Michael Galinsky said - "with knowledge comes responsibility" ... exactly ... It is each and everyone's own decision to chose to be deaf and blind or to see, listen and learn, not only "the good news" but "the GREAT news" that this movie carries ! Thank you Mr. M. Galinsky and the team! Thank you Dr. J. Sarno !!! Manuela G., Pilates teacher

• Sep 29, 2017

Amazing documentary! Everyone needs to see this! The word must get out. Share the heck out of this.

• Sep 26, 2017

If you have any pain in your body that wont heal I strongly suggest that you see this move. I discovered Dr. Sarno's work several years back. I had been dealing with chronic back pain for over 12 years. I had been to every Dr. and therapist you could think of. Here is a list, Physical therapy, cranial sacaral therapy, acupuncture, dry needling ,massage, yoga ,rolfing, chiropractors, neuro surgeons, osteopaths, shots in my back, pain meds, muscle relaxers, if there was a way to get out of pain I was willing to try it. Some of these methods worked but the pain either came back or moved around my body. Nothing kept the pain away permanently. It was always lurking, ready to strike at any moment. never gone for long. The funny thing is that I was given the book "Healing back pain" by Dr. John Sarno 10 years before and donated it having never read it. That's right, I judged a book by it's cover. When it one day was recommended once again to me I decided I needed to read it. I promptly ordered it from amazon. Lets just say the book "Healing back pain" literally saved my life. This move is so accurate in the process of what pain can do to a person and send you in a direction that could quite possibly change the coarse of your life. If you are open to a new direction to healing with the mind body connection I encourage you to go and see this movie. "when the student is ready the teacher will come". Consider this movie the teacher that has come to literally save you from a life of suffering.

• Sep 25, 2017

This is a very important film for anyone in chronic pain. Unfortunately most doctors don't have anything to offer those in pain but this film does. It explains the work of Dr. Sarno with regards to the real origins of chronic pain and how to treat it. Though many get better from just reading one of Dr. Sarno's books others don't and this film addresses someone like that. You feel like a failure when that is your situation which just contributes to the tension that causes your pain. I liken this film to Forks Over Knives which unveiled the truth about nutrition. This film uncovers the truth of chronic pain as explained by the late Dr. John Sarno.