All Things Fair (Lust och fägring stor) (Love Lessons) Reviews

• Jan 20, 2015

The movie puts strong characters and thematic setting behind and focuses on the story and emotions. Not particularly as unique issue, but how relationships develops and protagonist get mature is beautiful.

• Oct 31, 2013

Different from Ingmar Bergman's alienation and grimness, this film by Bo Widerberg is more colourful, passionate and lustful. However, the controversial subject is only a focal point of studying the dimensions of love. All Things Fair is more about coming of age and maturity as it will drag your mind back to the high school days of innocence and tenderness. Featuring Handel's sorrowful Lascia ch'io pianga and brave performances from Widerberg's son and second wife, All Things Fair is an absorbing bittersweet melodrama about adolescents on the verge of adulthood.

• Sep 18, 2013

A coming-of-age story from Sweden. I guess I would like it more if I had watched it decades back.

• Feb 16, 2012

great character and feel. bit long but heh

great character and feel. bit long but heh

• Jun 01, 2011

Meaningless. I like the church scene.

Meaningless. I like the church scene.

• Feb 18, 2011

Highly passionate obsessing movie...true instincts and the use of it is masterpiece,,

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Dec 17, 2010

This is a wonderful film with intriguing script, good acting, and playful yet serious story with consequences for all. Johan Widerberg as the young man Stig is outstanding. You can watch his maturity, adult wisdom, and general sensitivity blossom as the movie progresses. This movie is rather long, and at times rather slow, but I was really taken in by the whole drama. Nice piece of work...

• Nov 01, 2010

A Coming of Age Tale for the Characters and the World

A Coming of Age Tale for the Characters and the World

• Apr 12, 2010

Great film....but Stig's affair with his teacher is somewhat disturbing..but over all this film is an interesting come-of-age story

• Jan 30, 2010