All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records Reviews

• Feb 16, 2018

Great documentary on the rise snd fall of the best worldwide neighborhood store.

• Dec 05, 2017

What's the point of leaving a review if you can't access it years later? It was a good film about the industry's rise and fall.

• Aug 20, 2017

"All Things Must Pass" is a very well made documentary that does a very good job of telling the story of its subject. The interviews with Tower Records founder Russ Solomon are terrific. The other interviewees do a very good job of letting us into Tower Records to see how the company operated and what kind of people worked there. The documentary can also serve as a cautionary tale. One thing this documentary does a great job of doing is saying that it is very important for businesses to do two things. The first is to not get too big or expand too quickly. Another equally if not more important thing is to keep up with the changing times. As smart a businessman as Russ Solomon was, that is the one thing he failed to do. He was very certain that CDs would never decline in popularity at all. You see what good that did for him. Being a music lover myself and having fond memories of visiting Tower stores, I enjoyed this trip down memory lane tremendously. A very impressive directorial debut for Colin Hanks.

• Jul 10, 2017

An interesting documentary about a bi-gone era.

An interesting documentary about a bi-gone era.

• May 19, 2017

A nostalgic look at one of America's leading music retailers and the visionaries behind its success. From its humble beginnings as a small business in San Francisco to its dominance all over the US and also Japan. Featuring interviews about its rise and eventual decline, and some rare footage (including Elton John in a vinyl purchasing blitz in the 70s), All Things Must Pass is a very poignant document about the digital age and the how it has changed not only the way we shop but the entire marketplace in which the music is produced.

• Mar 14, 2017

If you love music, this is fun....and a bit sad. Overall great documentary

If you love music, this is fun....and a bit sad. Overall great documentary

• Feb 12, 2017

Rise and fall of the famous music landmark...

Rise and fall of the famous music landmark...

• Feb 11, 2017

• Jan 04, 2017

4 out of 5. Watching this was personal for me. I worked for Tower Records on 4th and Broadway in my teens and loved that place. I was devastated when Tower when out of business.

• Dec 20, 2016

More gripping of a story than I expected. It echos the entire music industry story over the past 50 years. As well as the culture of the world for that matter. Great documentary. Thank you Colin Hanks!