Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls Reviews

• May 28, 2013

Typical unwatchable Asylum crap. The 1980's Richard Chamberlain films look like Indiana Jones by comparison.

• May 16, 2013

In this retelling of H. Rider Haggard's classic adventure, King Solomon's Mines, Allan Quatermain (Sean Cameron Michael) battles his arch nemesis in his perilous pursuit of the world's greatest treasure. also stars Christopher Adamson, Wittley Jourdan, Natalie Stone, Daniel Bojour, Mduduz Nxumalo, Muzuza, Nick Everhart and Phiwayinkosi Gumede. directed by Mark Atkins.

• Sep 30, 2011

Considering that this had the budget of 50,000, this was a terrible movie -- so bad that it was getting funny, but I would still not ask anyone to watch this -- read the IMDB review and you get the gist.

• Aug 14, 2011

I was a bit disappointed in this, not even close to as good as the Richard Chamberlain version.

• Jun 04, 2011

Allan Quatermain battles his arch nemesis in a perilous pursuit of the world's greatest treasure. stars Sean Cameron Michael, Christopher Adamson, Natalie Stone, Wittley Jourdan, Daniel Bonjour, Mduduz Nxumalo, Muzuza, Nick Everhart and Phiwayinkosi Gumede. directed by Mark Atkins.

• May 22, 2011

This is an absolutely horrible movie. It's mind-bogglingly bad. The problem with this film isn't the acting, the cast does well considering the circumstances. The big issue here is the budget, writing, and cinematography. This thing had a budget of $50,000 most of which must have gone to traveling expenses. Roger Corman did much better on lower budgets. One thing that makes no sense is the time period. When is this set? The wardrobe, weapons, vehicles...nothing matches. Natalie Stone's character starts off dressed like she belongs in the 1800s but she enters a bar where one of the bad guy's henchmen is dressed like a gangsta rapper. I'd like to see Sean Cameron Michael and Christopher Adamson in something better. I can't think of a single reason to recommend this movie to anyone. Best thing about it is the DVD cover. The movie itself isn't worth the time. In fact it's longer than it says here, and feels like it never ends. Mostly they walk around. There's some gunplay, which doesn't at all work. It's not worth it even for an Allan Quatermain completist like me. I'd say avoid it, but someone will actually want to see what's so bad about it....and suffer through this. It's NOT "so bad it's funny". It's just boring and pointless.

• Mar 10, 2011

Supper action pack...just like an Indiana Jones movie

Supper action pack...just like an Indiana Jones movie

• Nov 25, 2010

Claiming to be a movie that is based on the story that inspired Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is quite a claim - and Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls fulfills this order and then some. Sporting long panning shots of beautiful scenery, a plot that makes surprising headway considering the total lack of dialogue and at least one gripping character (cumulatively) this film delivers exactly what we've come to expect from the writing team The Asylum. In fact, the best point of this movie is the long, silent scenes which The Asylum is famous for, encouraging you to add your own. And with enough visual cues, repititve shots of the four characters facial expressions and time innapropriate props. If you're looking for a movie to sit down with your friends and MST3K your way through, this is the film for you.

• Oct 03, 2010

Not so much awful as it is inconsequential. And to the actors, I would advise: if someone is shooting at you, your motivation is to not get hit by bullets. You probably want to do more than just trot out of the way.

• Mar 15, 2010

bad bad bad shitty movie made only to cash in on "kingdom of crystal skulls" just bad