The Alligator People - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Alligator People Reviews

July 3, 2010
ah, Summertime, holiday and tropic night temprature..
What is more suitable than a black and white swamp horror movie?
Not much.
The 1959 concept of "nerve shattering terror" is a bit different than it is today, but if you're in the mood for som clean human-transforming-into-alligator entertainment than this will do fine.
One of the alligator men likes to play piano at night others are more confused.
May 2, 2010
50's camp B movie fun.
½ April 18, 2010
Entertaining as well as hokey, but I do enjoy these 1950?s horror sci-fi films. This one has a better budget than most, and some fairly well known actors too. The make up and special effects are pretty good, especially when considering the year it was made.
½ April 18, 2010
58/100. Entertaining as well as hokey, but I do enjoy these 1950's horror sci-fi films. This one has a better budget than most, and some fairly well known actors too. The make up and special effects are pretty good, especially when considering the year it was made.
½ November 3, 2009
Totally campy! A well-meaning doctor tries to heal burn patients and amputees, but it goes horribly wrong and they start developing reptilian characteristics. I know, let's dose them with lots of x-rays and some gamma radiation. Oh no, it's put the patients into incredibly tacky alligator costumes!
October 29, 2009
ahahahahahaha sooooo bad
October 5, 2009
I get the feeling that Stan Lee stole the origin of the Spider-Man villain The Lizard straight outta this movie. Friendly mad scientist uses magical cobalt rays to blend alligator with man in an attempt to cure a sickly newlywed. Bing, bang, boom, alligator people are born. Lon Chaney, playing a Cajun hook-handed rapist who doesnâ??t hold back punches and really hates alligators, is easily the best thing about the film. The Alligator Man in full monster mode is kinda cool, but for most of the movie he is only slightly scaly and really just mopes around his bayou mansion. VF.
½ September 25, 2009
Kampy and fun to make fun of.
½ April 30, 2009
Jag hade gÀrna Àlskat den hÀr filmen grÀnslöst. TyvÀrr var den aningen sÀmre Àn vÀntat. PÄ pluskontot hamnar livsfarliga alligatorbrottningsstunts, helfestliga reptilkostymer, frÀcka strÄlningsapparater, oavsiktligt komiska sjukhussekvenser, en störtlöjlig Richard Crane, en inspirerad Lon Chaney Junior och en mycket, mycket söt Beverly Garland. PÄ minuskontot hamnar vÀl egentligen resten. Framförallt Àr slutet ett antiklimax modell supergigantiskt. Man blir lovad oxfilé men fÄr i slutÀndan Denniskorv, sÄ att sÀga.
flixsterman
½ April 30, 2009
Two and a half stars based entirely on it's sheer camp [kamp] factor. Cheesy fun that might scare the youngest among us. (Did I just say "youngest among us"?!)
March 29, 2009
When a young newlywed (Beverly Garland)'s husband gets a phone call from his doctor and disappears, leaving her on the train by herself for their honeymoon, she doesn't take it lying down! Tracking him to his family home in the Bayou, and after getting used to i) the number of angry alligators hanging around, ii) Drunken Lon Chaney Jr's overacting, and iii) his crazy mother, our heroine finds her husband is being kept safely away from her and operated on by a crazed doctor who's trying to use uh, reptile cells to help develop a miracle cure for sick people or something. It's basically an excuse for 'Beauty and the Beast' type shenanigans, with a ridiculous ending. If you enjoy old B-movies, this one's probably livelier than most, AND a cautionary tale about stem cell research (maybe).
January 16, 2009
A very decent sci-fi movie. As campy as it may look on the surface, it has its dark qualities that gives it an extra kick.
October 1, 2008
hummmm! isn't it funny or real zombie that man!!!
½ September 9, 2008
i adore this movie with all my heart if only for the alligator costume at the end, oh please find a copy and watch it
June 1, 2008
Bizarre Southern gothic sci-fi tale that is far more effective than you would expect, at least until the ending, when the silly alligator head pops up.
May 27, 2008
No really this movie is so bad I had to put it on my list!
½ May 4, 2008
A fun, campy romp in the swamp.
April 2, 2008
I adore these films. I can't get enough. This was excellent! Not quite as good as 'the Slime People' ... but definitely better than 'the Blob'. If you don't have an obsession with old horror movies, you should develop one!