Almost Heroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Almost Heroes Reviews

½ June 27, 2016
Sadly, the final movie for Chris Farley is his weakest. 'Almost Heroes' isn't a terrible movie but it's at times dry dialogue can bore viewers and leave even the hardcore Farley fans like myself just simply uninterested. There's still laughs to be had though and it ultimately can serve as something to remember Farley by regardless of it not being his best.
August 14, 2015
Most underrated movie in the history of earth.
½ June 8, 2015
Disposable and flat, don't go into it expecting "Tommy Boy," or even "Black Sheep" for that matter.
May 14, 2015
Why do so many comedic actors last movie usually stink?Akin to a trained seal blowing a horn.
May 14, 2015
Super hilarious. One of my favorite movies ever.
March 12, 2015
Ridiculousness, Funny, Chris Farley Steals the show
Action Adventurous, Silly at sometimes and Plot what Plot
It's one of those movies that you have no idea on what going to happen next

For a Sidekick role Farley carries this movie with more screen time then anyone doing what he was famous for making us laugh and doing most of his own stunts

I had waited years to watch this movie I'm not disappointed it enjoyable with funny character's

Chris Farley Lejund!
March 6, 2015
Everyone is familiar with the infamous Lewis and Clark and there expedition to explore the Pacific, but nobody knows about Bartholomew Hunt and Leslie Edwards. This movie is about their race to beat Lewis and Clark on this expedition and every bump that occurred on the way. Farley again plays a loud and vocal character, and Perry plays the exact opposite. The movie still has quite a few laughs that are juvenile, but entertaining and really only worth watching for Farley fans.
½ August 15, 2014
(First viewing - In my early twenties)
July 2, 2014
One star for Farley.
June 25, 2014
Unfunny mess has very few moments of enjoyment.
June 15, 2014
Every spark of silliness is stifled by out-of-his-element director Christopher Guest suffocating the story.
February 4, 2014
The people who reviewed this movie were all smoking dope. This movie is a frigging classic. Not funny? Give me a break. This movie is a cult classic-- just hilarious.
January 3, 2014
Chris Farley and Matthew Perry are always fun which makes this mediocre excuse for a movie bearable.
November 27, 2013
I used to like this movie, but that was because I had only seen the TV version. When I saw the real version, it was ruined for me.
½ September 28, 2013
Good light hearted comedy!
½ September 14, 2013
It's surprising how this could've gone wrong when you consider how funny Chris Farley was and Christopher Guest is. This shouldn't have been hard to be hilarious. Farley was funny doing what he did in all his other movies, just in a frontier costume this time. Matthew Perry was decidedly not funny. It was like he took everything that made Chandler annoying on Friends, and applied it to this with a really bad-sounding pompous voice. Eugene Levy was also ill-used as a French trapper, and was not at all as funny as he would be in the later Christopher Guest films: Best in Show and A Mighty Wind. Overall, I laughed at a few of Farley's bits, but I laugh nearly as much as I thought I would, even when the other actors mug the camera to lets us know the joke is over.
July 12, 2013
A giant misstep on the part of director Christopher Guest, this film tries to make a fast buck off of spoofs of the eighteenth century and expeditions to the new world. Frontiersmen life is easily mined for some gratuitous laughs, but everything about this film feels rushed and unnecessary. Even with some of the same cast Guest has used in the past, this film feels nothing like his previous mockumentaries. Guest is best in his element when he is pursuing the world of the rich, vain, and out of touch, and to focus on the past in this strange way makes no sense. The film is a straight up buddy comedy movie, focusing on a rich fop (Perry) who wants to reach the Western coast of the United States before the Lewis and Clark expedition can. He hires a tracker (Farley) to lead a crew of men there, and along the way they get into several kinds of shenanigans. If you were to ask me what those shenanigans were, I would have a hard time telling you, because though there are some interactions with Native Americans, a love triangle, and a near death, this film is very boring and tedious. The comedy is childish, and the characters are brutish ignoramuses most of the time. Perry's performance is never reigned in, and the indignant behavior of a rich man could easily be mistaken for an excessive bi-polar patient. Farley in turn also gives an over-the-top performance, but of all the people in this film, he is simply expected to be that crass and loud. He's really the only acceptable performer in this film, though it does hurt that this had to be his last film, released post humorously. There's just nothing here except an idea for a setting, and otherwise everything else gets garbled, whether it be the petty humor or the moronic sense of pacing.
July 8, 2013
Hilarious I really enjoyed this movie. Very goofy not serious just a good time.
½ June 20, 2013
tries to hard to be funny.
May 30, 2013
Its an alright movie if one likes silly plots and questionable historical reality.