Almost Heroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Almost Heroes Reviews

September 29, 2017
2/5. It has a few funny moments and Farley and Perry do their best, but they can't save Almost Heroes from being a subpar comedy.
September 17, 2017
I love love love this movie. I desperately hope for a nostalgic revaluation by diehard Chris Farley fans. Listen, I watch this move and Predator over and over and over as my favorite movies of all time. I have literally watched this move 50+ times. It breaks my heart that this movie gets 8%. How!!!! This movie makes my heart happy and I will watch it until the day I die.
½ August 8, 2017
I remember finding this film a complete misfire but upon watching it again, the film has grown quite a lot. Guest is a great comedic genius and this film really should of set the world on fire with Farley in the lead role. The biggest issue is the film pushes to much attention on Farley and while it is funny, it robs the film of the other hilarious characters. This film has grown on me since watching on its release, the one liners and offbeat humour was an interesting choice. I have heard this suffered cuts by the studio and there was a really clever film laying on the floor of the editing room. Perry tries hard but even he can't survive without Farley stealing every scene he is in. It's easy to see why this died horribly at the box office but this is a film that deserves to be discovered for cult film status. Farley was growing into a great comedic character and sadly this was the last film that had his name attached to before his premature death. 06-08-2017.
August 4, 2017
If you like silly humor like Monty Python you'll love this movie. Like most movies of this type, it gets funnier the more you watch it. Anal retentive types need not apply.
½ December 29, 2016
Matthew Perry and Chris Farley star in Almost Heroes. Perry and Farley are Leslie Edwards and Bartholomew Hunt respectively, and the two are trying to beat out Lewis and Clark in an expedition to the Pacific. Along with them is a crew of misfits, a treacherous Frenchman (Eugeny Levy) and a beautiful native American. They hardly seem fit to make it even out of the state never mind to the Pacific Ocean.

As they begin their journey they come across everything from Native Americans, conquistadors, and even wild bears. With Hunt leading them as a tracker though, they seem to be able to bare and grin through it all. Hunt tries the best to maintain the morale of his men, and their respect as they continue on this arduous journey. Each turn of the journey seems to up the ante as far as the things that happen to the crew.

Almost Heroes is by no means a film trying to win any Oscars. The movie is a dumb comedy that is filled with cheap laughs. Basically, it is one of my favorite types of comedies. The movie goes down easy and scenes like when Farley needs the egg from the eagle's nest has me laughing every time. Perry basically plays his role of Chandler from friends, as a sarcastic and witty character. Farley is what really keeps the film going and his physical comedy and persona carry the picture. The film won't be liked by anyone really outside of fans of Farley and perhaps Perry, but for the rest of us, this is a good and original comedy.

-12.29.2016
October 3, 2016
Easily the most quotable movie ever
½ June 27, 2016
Sadly, the final movie for Chris Farley is his weakest. 'Almost Heroes' isn't a terrible movie but it's at times dry dialogue can bore viewers and leave even the hardcore Farley fans like myself just simply uninterested. There's still laughs to be had though and it ultimately can serve as something to remember Farley by regardless of it not being his best.
August 14, 2015
Most underrated movie in the history of earth.
½ June 8, 2015
Disposable and flat, don't go into it expecting "Tommy Boy," or even "Black Sheep" for that matter.
May 14, 2015
Why do so many comedic actors last movie usually stink?Akin to a trained seal blowing a horn.
May 14, 2015
Super hilarious. One of my favorite movies ever.
March 12, 2015
Ridiculousness, Funny, Chris Farley Steals the show
Action Adventurous, Silly at sometimes and Plot what Plot
It's one of those movies that you have no idea on what going to happen next

For a Sidekick role Farley carries this movie with more screen time then anyone doing what he was famous for making us laugh and doing most of his own stunts

I had waited years to watch this movie I'm not disappointed it enjoyable with funny character's

Chris Farley Lejund!
½ August 15, 2014
(First viewing - In my early twenties)
July 2, 2014
One star for Farley.
June 25, 2014
Unfunny mess has very few moments of enjoyment.
June 15, 2014
Every spark of silliness is stifled by out-of-his-element director Christopher Guest suffocating the story.
February 4, 2014
The people who reviewed this movie were all smoking dope. This movie is a frigging classic. Not funny? Give me a break. This movie is a cult classic-- just hilarious.
January 3, 2014
Chris Farley and Matthew Perry are always fun which makes this mediocre excuse for a movie bearable.
November 27, 2013
I used to like this movie, but that was because I had only seen the TV version. When I saw the real version, it was ruined for me.
½ September 28, 2013
Good light hearted comedy!