Forever Lulu Reviews

• Sep 07, 2018

Lovely movie, Patrick is once again awesome, some tear jerking moments but a happy ending an nice gentle emotional moments, swayze doing what he does best :)

• Mar 27, 2015

sweetly appealing and heartfelt.anything but ordinary-it was nicely enjoyable to watch.

• Jun 14, 2013

I really liked this movie-the story was sweet, even if bittersweet in many ways. As someone who grew up with a parent who had bouts of mental illness, I can really relate to this story, and thought it was well-scripted and well acted by a really good cast. The movie had a sympathetic treatment of the mentally ill as people, who still have thoughts and feelings, hopes and dreams, just like anybody else with other kinds of illnesses, or even people without serious health problems, and I liked that about this film.

• Apr 25, 2013

This was so good I don't know why people say it isn't good.

This was so good I don't know why people say it isn't good.

• Aug 27, 2012

A movie from 2000 that is very good.

A movie from 2000 that is very good.

• Aug 19, 2012

People don't want to feel. They want to be entertained. A happily married television series writer is inauspiciously contacted by his schizophrenic ex-girlfriend from college. She tells him a tale of their son, that he never met, and giving their son up for adoption. The ex-girlfriend and writer head out on a mission to find their son. The writer's wife, skeptical of the ex-girlfriend's motives, follows them and gets into her own trouble. "Are you giving somebody a blowjob? You're not! Well, thank goodness." John Kaye delivers Forever Lulu in his only directorial picture. The storyline for this movie was better than I anticipated and I found the characters fascinating. The acting wasn't perfect or particularly great but the character development was still very good. The cast delivers mediocre performances and includes Patrick Swayze, Melanie Griffith, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Lee Garlington, and Penelope Ann Miller. "For awhile we were so close that we only had one heart." I have been DVRing Joseph Gordon-Levitt pictures lately and decided to give this picture a shot. I actually really liked this film for the most part. The performances do not make the film, but the storyline is very good and it is definitely fun to watch the film unfold. I recommend giving this film a shot. "Give me the razor." Grade: C+/B- (6.5)

• Nov 13, 2011

Nice little film. Really enjoyed the performances from the main actors. entertaining & nicely directed, this is a lovely flick.

• Sep 03, 2011

The magic of love may be more about timing than emotions. For Lulu (Melanie Griffith) and Ben (Patrick Swayze), the timing of their college romance could not have been better - or worse. Still, the couple, separated for more than a decade by hundreds of miles and through personal tragedies, established a rare lifelong bond. The story follows Lulu, a schizophrenic romantic who leaves her institution to track down her college soulmate. Ben is a television writer in the midst of a boring marriage to psychiatrist, Claire (Penelope Ann Miller). Reunited, Lulu lures Ben on a bizarre, yet poignant cross-country trek to their past... and to a secret. also stars Richard Schiff, Annie Corley, Michael J. Pollard, Lee Garlington, Steven Bauer and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. directed by John Kaye

• Aug 17, 2011

A touching portrayal of a woman with schizophrenia and the subplot dealing with the effects of adoption. I never thought I'd be saying this, but Melanie Griffith was excellent.

• Jul 20, 2011

(A.K.A. "Along For The Ride"), Brilliant Drama About A Successful Writer & A Nut Job, Who Embark On A Cross Country Journey To Find & Meet Thier Son For The First Time. Melanie Griffith Is Excellent As Nut-Job Lulu, While Patrick Swayze Uses His Talents To Successfully Pull Off The Writter Who Has Been Taken Along For The Ride. Excellent Movie