Alpha Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alpha Dog Reviews

May 21, 2017
Based on a true story, "Alpha Dog" is both absorbing and heartbreaking. Honstly, I don't know who was more appalling -- the white suburban teenaged gangsta poseurs, whose obvious lack of clear and defined boundaries leads to an avoidable tragedy with real victims, or their clueless and self-absorbed parents, whose own bad examples proved them to be rather dubious role models for their spoiled brat kids.
March 3, 2017
10 years later this movie has actually gotten better. It's crazy how much talent they had in this cast: Emile, Anton, JT, Pete from Mad Men, Ben Foster is an absolute beast plus topless Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, and Amber Heard. Pretty excellent really.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 12, 2017
Sad film, and what happened to that bastards submachine gun after he ran to his friend for help, did he lose it somewhere!? That kinda ruined the film for me.
½ December 23, 2016
a crime-story told by an eminent Cassavetes, and a talented Justin Timberlake and that splashed Ben Foster, not to mention the cruelty of a greenhorn like Emile Hirsch checked by Bruce Willis turned into a sort of Godfather
November 23, 2016
I liked this movie. Great performance by JT. To appreciate this movie you must appreciate the true and tragic story behind it. Well worth watching.
October 22, 2016
Great performances and an interesting story can't save the film from poor pacing.
August 26, 2016
The culture an d language of violent and lust filled youth was a bit hard for me. A friend had recommended it. I really think Spring Break was better as a movie though I did appreciate Alpha Dog was based on a real life event.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
A good well acted film, With a great story that keeps us gripped but it's nothing that we will remember.
½ July 25, 2016
This was the worst movie I've ever seen
June 7, 2016
A perfect example of a slow burn movie, but that may not be the best thing to be. The film gets going only after about an hour into the film. From things do start to pick up, but by then it's too little too late.
May 31, 2016
Clearly could've been better, but it was terrible either. Acting is the really where the movie lacks.
March 12, 2016
I might see this on dvd
½ January 24, 2016
Zero-point-five stars of five. ALPHA DOG. Impossibly bad. I cannot fathom how this was even made. The dialogue is laughable. There is no way to watch the whole thing, because your IQ will drop so fast you'll forget you're even human. By the end, you might not be.
You'll be laying on the ground, gibbering and shrieking in a mixed puddle of involuntarily excreted and projected bodily fluids, wondering if there is any meaning to your existence. It must be for something better than this. Please, please, for the sake of your children, do not watch this thing.

P.S. -- In case it wasn't clear, I'm not a fan of this film.
January 14, 2016
Justin Timberlake isn't a bad actor! That being said, his presence in this movie is part of the problem, mainly because he's portrayed as a sympathetic character, and the movie likes to make us think that there were people with a gulty conscience in this scenario. I don't think there were, I think everyone in that situation knew what they were doing when they committed that act and I don't like to be told otherwise. In other areas, this is still an only semi-decent film peppered with flaws like the nice touch of showing us all the witnesses, but never having that actually lead to anything. The overly hedonistic lifestyle made it feel a little OC, and Bruce Willis' cringeworthy role as an old dad with liver spots was quite unnecessary.
January 13, 2016
First watched in 2006. I thought that is was well done. But sad. Also.....first Emile Hirsch film watched!!!
½ December 23, 2015
Pretty good story, worth the watch.
December 14, 2015
Decent acting but hard to watch at times because it has some scummy characters who think they're straight outta Compton when they're spoiled white fucks. Accurate to its own detriment really. Young punks in this are such posers, they're not even interesting to watch and judge most of the time. Bruce Willis and Sharon Stone are the ones to watch here but they're not given substantial enough roles to carry the film.
½ November 7, 2015
was really sad to think a guy's brother got kidnapped and killed as randsome for his drug money debt... glad they all got what they deserved..
otherwise... pretty cool movie for the kost of it (except the actual murder part)...
½ October 5, 2015
Awesome Movie gotta recomend it to everyone