Alpha Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alpha Dog Reviews

November 23, 2016
I liked this movie. Great performance by JT. To appreciate this movie you must appreciate the true and tragic story behind it. Well worth watching.
October 22, 2016
Great performances and an interesting story can't save the film from poor pacing.
August 26, 2016
The culture an d language of violent and lust filled youth was a bit hard for me. A friend had recommended it. I really think Spring Break was better as a movie though I did appreciate Alpha Dog was based on a real life event.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
A good well acted film, With a great story that keeps us gripped but it's nothing that we will remember.
½ July 25, 2016
This was the worst movie I've ever seen
June 7, 2016
A perfect example of a slow burn movie, but that may not be the best thing to be. The film gets going only after about an hour into the film. From things do start to pick up, but by then it's too little too late.
May 31, 2016
Clearly could've been better, but it was terrible either. Acting is the really where the movie lacks.
March 12, 2016
I might see this on dvd
½ January 24, 2016
Zero-point-five stars of five. ALPHA DOG. Impossibly bad. I cannot fathom how this was even made. The dialogue is laughable. There is no way to watch the whole thing, because your IQ will drop so fast you'll forget you're even human. By the end, you might not be.
You'll be laying on the ground, gibbering and shrieking in a mixed puddle of involuntarily excreted and projected bodily fluids, wondering if there is any meaning to your existence. It must be for something better than this. Please, please, for the sake of your children, do not watch this thing.

P.S. -- In case it wasn't clear, I'm not a fan of this film.
January 14, 2016
Justin Timberlake isn't a bad actor! That being said, his presence in this movie is part of the problem, mainly because he's portrayed as a sympathetic character, and the movie likes to make us think that there were people with a gulty conscience in this scenario. I don't think there were, I think everyone in that situation knew what they were doing when they committed that act and I don't like to be told otherwise. In other areas, this is still an only semi-decent film peppered with flaws like the nice touch of showing us all the witnesses, but never having that actually lead to anything. The overly hedonistic lifestyle made it feel a little OC, and Bruce Willis' cringeworthy role as an old dad with liver spots was quite unnecessary.
January 13, 2016
First watched in 2006. I thought that is was well done. But sad. Also.....first Emile Hirsch film watched!!!
½ December 23, 2015
Pretty good story, worth the watch.
December 14, 2015
Decent acting but hard to watch at times because it has some scummy characters who think they're straight outta Compton when they're spoiled white fucks. Accurate to its own detriment really. Young punks in this are such posers, they're not even interesting to watch and judge most of the time. Bruce Willis and Sharon Stone are the ones to watch here but they're not given substantial enough roles to carry the film.
½ November 7, 2015
was really sad to think a guy's brother got kidnapped and killed as randsome for his drug money debt... glad they all got what they deserved..
otherwise... pretty cool movie for the kost of it (except the actual murder part)...
½ October 5, 2015
Awesome Movie gotta recomend it to everyone
½ October 2, 2015
An underrated well acted(esp,Timberlake)surprise that is much better than most of the crime dramas from "07.
September 23, 2015
I love Alpha Dog. It's so dark. So tragic. So real. As an exploration of teenage hedonism, it's marvelously done. The acting is excellent (especially from Justin Timberlake) and Nick Cassavetes's shooting style superb. See this, but be warned: it's very intense.
½ September 21, 2015
extremely grim and true to life story about misled youth in LA. at the end, realizing its extreme poverty of meaning or a moral, the director rushes in to add Bruce Willis preaching about parenting and how important that whole deal is. this feels more like an afterthought however. watch La Haine or Kids instead. both are much more substantial and insightful. Ben Foster and Anton Yelchin are good in this
½ September 6, 2015
JT's best movie hands down. I completely forgot he was a singer when I watched this is how believable he was.
August 13, 2015