Alpha Dog Reviews

• Aug 05, 2019

Muy buena pelicula veridica recomendable

Muy buena pelicula veridica recomendable

• Jul 14, 2019

Very well delivered by Justin Timberlake. Sad its based on a true story.

Very well delivered by Justin Timberlake. Sad its based on a true story.

• Jun 25, 2019

This is a very well done film

This is a very well done film

• May 03, 2019

It's a story about low-life moronic parents who have brought up low-life cretinous kids, none of whom have any redeeming characteristics which makes me feel they should all be wiped out in a nuclear explosion to make the world a better place. But the music is good.

• Dec 30, 2018

This movie is well acted but the storyline is so sad. Even worse, it’s based on real life.

• Mar 19, 2018

Power film, a must watch. JT’s best acting film

Power film, a must watch. JT’s best acting film

• Jan 07, 2018

Let me get something off of my chest, "Alpha Dog" is a film soaked in fiction with its love of exploiting hypermasculinity, high flying martial arts kicks, and everybody delivering pretentious and hammy performances with a Bruce Willis father figure (barely in the film) to only further drive the point home that this is a fictitious over-the-top film with another predictable teens and drugs story. Right, now take everything I just said in the above paragraph and apply that to a non-fiction story where all of the witnesses and people involved in set story are being portrayed by big name actors who, under the direction of Cassavetes, try to relate and tug at the heart-strings of the audience with music, sound effects, and the aforementioned hypermasculinity. The latter especially sucking the limelight away from the film's already weak plot which should always be any film's focus. What a disgustingly manipulative piece of Hollywood dribble! It makes me sad and sick because this true story can be better represented than what this garbage film had to offer. By the end, it left one nasty sour taste in my mouth.

• Oct 13, 2017

Very powerful film. Unforgettable.

Very powerful film. Unforgettable.

• May 21, 2017

Based on a true story, "Alpha Dog" is both absorbing and heartbreaking. Honstly, I don't know who was more appalling -- the white suburban teenaged gangsta poseurs, whose obvious lack of clear and defined boundaries leads to an avoidable tragedy with real victims, or their clueless and self-absorbed parents, whose own bad examples proved them to be rather dubious role models for their spoiled brat kids.

• Mar 03, 2017

10 years later this movie has actually gotten better. It's crazy how much talent they had in this cast: Emile, Anton, JT, Pete from Mad Men, Ben Foster is an absolute beast plus topless Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, and Amber Heard. Pretty excellent really.