Amal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amal Reviews

½ August 28, 2016
A moral lesson exists in this movie. Just a well acted, feel good movie with an interesting backdrop of cultural beauty
June 20, 2016
Sometimes I think, films from India that people like, don't always work when you are English and have to read subtitles, I feel like most are reviewed by Indian people. This one is pure and sends a very good message, I enjoyed very much, I have no witty critiques, just the truth.
April 7, 2016
Una historia de mototaxi, situada en Nueva Delhi,de minimas pretensiones y mucho que ver en nombre de la curiosidad.
March 20, 2016
Human kindness and goodness is priceless, indeed. Netflix pick of the year.
June 5, 2015
Is it corny if I say it's "heart-warming"? It is, I know, using a term like that is gross. But, the film is lovely. Our hero kept me on his every move with his care, generosity or doggedness. What a job for a first time feature from Mehta.
December 23, 2014
Saw this gem in 2008 at Banff festival. Beautiful philosophical tale. The kind of movie you will remember long after it's over.
September 2, 2014
Most AMAZING film I've seen in a while! Loved it and cried buckets.
July 30, 2013
Mehta in his feature film directorial debut shows a great maturity in bringing this compelling and touching story to life and in juxtaposing the harsh realities of the Indian working class with the sinister machinations of the rich, whilst also carrying the message that ignorance really is bliss which might frustrate some viewers particularly in its ending. Nevertheless, this is a great drama of human nature and human warmth, touching and gripping from start to end.
January 30, 2013
A hidden gem. Amal is a fairy tale of the working poor in India that concludes with a moral of true happiness.
½ December 17, 2011
What a gem! Such a beautifully acted and directed film with an inspirational and touching story.
½ December 11, 2011
August 6, 2011
Since Amal won best film at the MIAAC Film Festival in New York over Slumdog Millionaire....it is logical to make the conclusion that Amal is THE BEST FILM OF THE YEAR!!!

In all seriousness, I enjoyed Amal better than Slumdog as it had better acting by the lead, and the story had more subtle depth....
April 20, 2011
Warm and poignant film. However, the ending may leave you feeling unsatisfied.
March 20, 2011
Thoughtful, intelligent, gentle movie. quite delightful. I loved the ending.
January 20, 2011
A beautiful movie with hints of slumdog millionaire but less commercial and more real.
January 3, 2011
Fun movie, excellent acting.
½ January 2, 2011
Really enjoyed it. Not much I say won't give away the story. Just watch it. It's heartwarming and teaches you that everything happens for a reason.
December 11, 2010
edited. 12-11-10. I think about this movie often. Really good!

Very good ! (small movie and was surprised to see it is Canadian)
August 15, 2010
Absolutely beautiful; an inspiring message, well developed characters, suspenseful plot, an honest portrayal of both extremes of Indian life, and credit to the working poor.
August 7, 2010
This is too good to be true.