Amateur Night Reviews

• Dec 07, 2018

Kinda funny actually

Kinda funny actually

• Jul 02, 2018

This movie isn't very good. The jokes never really hit and the story never really escapes the mundane. However, Jason Biggs still manages to do what he does in most movies, and he can carry it for a while, but it ultimately isn't very memorable.

• May 06, 2018

Strengths: Jason Biggs (Guy Carter) seems to have made a career out of playing the awkward guy who gets stuck in some pretty gross situations. It was basically everything he did in the American Pie series. Here, he made a few similar scenes work, like cleaning a bag of used sex toys and getting a "face full" of one of the hooker's signature acts. Ashley Tisdale (Fallon) has a small role, but is one of the highlights. She doesn't get a lot to work with, but really seems like she's having fun. Weaknesses: Janet Montgomery (Nikki) was the leader of the girls that Guy drove around and the one he bonded with the most. However, I don't really think the actress worked that well for the role. Her chemistry with Biggs never clicked and she seemed to try too hard to get the "tough" girl thing working. She basically only wore a scowl the entire movie. Some of the raunchy scenes missed the mark in terms of comedic purposes and how dirty they were. We've seen a lot of raunchy things in movies over the years, so you've got to bring something to make us feel really grossed out. A lot of what happens is a bit too far-fetched to truly be believable, while the ending seemed a bit too coincidental. Nikki just happens to be in need of an architect? Overall: While Ashley Tisdale does fine and Jason Biggs is okay, there's too much of this movie that doesn't work. A few jokes hit, though a vast majority are misses. It's an easy pass unless you're a big fan of Tisdale/Biggs.

• Feb 11, 2018

Um trouxa procura emprego de entregador e descobre que vai ter que levar as prostitutas para festas, arrecadar o dinheiro e lidar com situações para o qual não está preparado... o ator é fraquíssimo e somente um idiota por completo se portaria daquela maneira o que deixou o filme muito fake e fraco....

• Jul 04, 2017

Very slow, such a week storyline. Could have done so much more, but the entire film focussed on one night, which just wasn't interesting enough. Half a star as it had the occasional funny section, but not laugh out loud funny.

• Jun 08, 2017

I loved this movie, squirting rules (who see it will understand!)

I loved this movie, squirting rules (who see it will understand!)

• Apr 02, 2017

I have a big crush on Ashley Tisdale so I watched this movie on fast forward to get to her part. They were all painful to view. Did Jason Biggs leave Orange is the New Black to make this? That makes me so sad. I hope something comes along worthy of Ashley's "adorableness"... hopefully this was just a bad decision based on greed and desporation.

• Jan 18, 2017

Amateur night actually could've had a pretty funny film and the leads are likable. Jason Biggs pretty much plays the same person he did in American pie. Unfortunately a lot of the gross out gags don't work and it tries too hard. What could've been a funny premise really needed better writers and a better director.

• Jan 11, 2017

I liked this film. Lots of dirty laughs. Over the top story line kinda, but good dirty comedy. Surprised why so many low ratings actually.

• Sep 04, 2016

Rauch done wrong. I LOVE raunchy movies but this just misses the mark. Just cause you got Biggs don't make it American Pie. This came out the same week as another low budget raunchier, The Bet and that movie, on a much more limited budget, is WAY funnier.