Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who Reviews

November 15, 2009
By no means am I a fan of The Who, but I do enjoy them in very small servings. The first major portion is good enough, covering their roots, profiling every band member from Keef to Pete to John to Roger, and plus we get to see Pete Townshend practically doing autofellatio. Oddly enough they only spend about 2 minutes on the more theatrically destructive aspects of their live act, with no mention of Cincinnati or that one time Keith's drum blew up on TV. Hmmmm

The last segment or so captures a reunited Who (minus John and Keith, obviously) recording a song called "Real Good Looking Boy" and it's boooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg. And you will hear fragments of this song for the entire 20 minutes, so hopefully you will love it (you won't). Naturally it's Pete and Roger loving themselves and there's just something terribly self-indulgent about it. It kinda ruins the rest of the documentary, which was already pretty sub-par anyway.
September 25, 2009
Hyper not just in the clips of The Who (not the Two) but a little bolic from the interviews although Pete and Roger never go into the ego side of themselves. Keith John will be missed and him and John just make you pissed at the guys who tried to replace them (as mi abuelo put it, "This last part is bullshit.") Which it very much so is due to the nature that what The Who did as four people was natural and cannot be created if one of the bumpers can't spin. It's tilt at the end but when you see what was and still is in this shortsweetlittlebig documentary it is super music and super Mockin' Fuzz for all time in a GOOD NOISE type of way.
½ September 20, 2009
You put Roger Daltrey in anything and I will watch it-I am a HUGE WHO fan and love their music this was reallly good UNFORTUNATELY the last 40 minutes revolved around Pete's horrific song "Good looking Boy"which when it is on Serius I literally have to change the chaneel regardles, this had some great never before seen footage that was really cool. LONG LIVE JOHN ENTWISTLE
½ August 29, 2009
It is a shame for younger generations to only know them as the band that made theme songs for the CSI franchise while on the other side, they're the best rock n' roll band ever, period. This rockumentary comes with 2 films pack (The Amazing Journey: The Story of the Who & The Amazing Journey: 6 Quick Ones) and pretty much covers it all, from the band's beginnings through their sky-rocket to fame, unreleased concerts footage and all the up's an down's in between. It is a 2 hours orgasmic experience for me, and will be for any The Who devotees, owh and Noel Gallagher can suck his own cock and eat his own shit, who the fuck he think he is? Ignorant cunt! Highly recommend!
August 3, 2009
A great movie for 'the who' fans. Amazing story.
August 2, 2009
very inspiring. made my heart skip a beat or two, it's truly amazing and worth seeing, a must for a "the who"'s fan.
July 5, 2009
Fabulous documentary of a phenomenal band. Turn it up!
June 4, 2009
I have seen this on FOXTEL in Oz and it's ...a great insight into the personal and maturing musical struggles and emotional demons that have troubled this tight-knit band of musical souls ...from 'our generation'! :-)

The documentary puts a solid focus on Keith Moon's and John Entwhistle's founding contributions ...that still endure despite the passing of ...so many years.

That fact that The Who is still touring is a great legacy to their fire ...mixed with Pete & Roger's talent and showmanship. :-R
February 15, 2009
im a big fan of the who
February 10, 2009
A very up to date documentary about the legendary rock group.Vivid in detail,with rare interviews and studio clips.
January 3, 2009
The definite documentary about one of the finest bands ever to come out of Britain. Highly recommended.
½ November 3, 2008
The Who is one of the four major founders of rock and roll, and this film is flawless. Amazing interviews and excellent footage is only a taste- this Rockumentary is amazing.
½ October 24, 2008
Great documentary on one of rock's most influential bands. Includes interviews with band members and personnel, and artists who have been influenced by The Who. Also contains some fantastic concert footage, some it it pretty rare.
September 12, 2008
The DVD that made the Who my favorite band!!
½ July 27, 2008
disapointing given all the hype
June 28, 2008
a great story of the life and hardships of the who. I love how they would focus on one thing at a time, and how they separatly did the john, keith, pete and roger and asked many people from newer bands like pearl jam to give what they remember from the who.
June 18, 2008
Being a big Who fan I love anything to do with them...and this didn't disapoint. Fasinating insight into what is..the Amazing Journey of The Who.
June 4, 2008
As rock documentaries go, this has to be among the best I've ever seen.
June 3, 2008
Amazing band. Great background on the group and its beginning. The film does a great job of spotlighting each member and their unique style.
June 1, 2008
Absolutely top draw rockumentary of the 'oo. Contributions by all the surviving members and people involved give you a real insight into the band and what made/makes them tick. A must see for all who fans.