The Amazing Transparent Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amazing Transparent Man Reviews

½ January 24, 2011
As far as b movies go, this was entertaining enough and the cheese works well. The list scene in the film made me giggle for a few second because the actors were taking it so serious or trying to look it.

The effects used for the invisible scenes were good for their time too.
½ January 10, 2011
I really didn't mind this movie so much. Sure it was one of those 50's drive in kind of movies, that had cheesy lines and effects. I even liked the characters and how they were put together and how it seemed to me anyway, was that the bank robber would have some redemption towards the end. Or maybe I fell asleep and I dreamed the whole thing. It was kind of boring and not a whole lot of suspense, but I think Uwe Boll's and Uli Lommell's movies are much worse than this.
September 29, 2010
A scientist Discovers an Experiment to make people invisible,he plans to make an army of Invisible Zombies to take over the world,his first Invisible Patient however plans to double cross him,A Fun cheapie from 1960 which has some good special effects for its time,it has some sort of inventive charm about it despite its daft plot.
June 29, 2010
A black and white, sci-fi, anti-war, bank heist movie! I have to say that I really enjoyed this little movie. I thought the acting was Ok, and minus a few nonsensical moments the story was pretty engrossing. It plays more like a two part TV episode then an actual film. The science fiction of it is cool, and the effects are fun, impressive, and creative. Overall, Give this a shot if your an old sci-fi film buff. If not then you probably want to stay away from this one.
citawijaya
½ June 11, 2010
This is.. well..boring.
½ September 19, 2009
OK and silly, but somewhat takes a heck of a long time (like half of the movie's running time) to go into the meat and potatoes of the whole thing (eg, the guy turning invisible!) and instead we get a LOT of setting up, character analysis, etc, and not a lot of it is very good. by the end, everything is rushed, anticlimatic, and dissapointing.
½ July 20, 2009
Token mad Euro-scientist turns a guinea pig invisible, followed by 25 minutes of nothing happening until said scientist makes a bank robber invisible and everyone starts talking to a table. At that point, it goes downhill.
½ January 28, 2009
Having a genuine bad guy as your protagonist? At least its ahead of its time in that respect. As a whole, the film was more interesting that I thought it would be.
January 16, 2009
The plot synopsis paints a different picture than the movie I saw. The characters are deeper than just a "mad scientist" wanting to create an army of invisible zombies. Pretty decent sci-fi morality play.
January 5, 2009
Ingen jättefilm precis, men specialeffekterna är ok (för en b-film, that is!). Och för alla som fantiserat om att vara osynlig är det faktiskt lite intressant.
December 29, 2008
Even if maybe is less perfect and surprising than "Detour", this movie is very interesting because of the screenplay wich hides a lot of breaks that leads into different fields like cold war's fear of the bomb, apocalyptic visions, the destiny of a scientist who worked for the Nazi regime during the Second World War. I loved the way the movie starts: without explanations, straight into the story. It reminds me of another movie, "Kiss me deadly" by Robert Aldrich.
February 24, 2006
Pretty bad grade Z sci-fi horror film. It does have some rather clever plot ideas, and the special effects for 1960 aren't too bad. But it is badly acted and directed.