Amazon Women on the Moon Reviews

½ September 16, 2011
Sometimes very silly and not so funny, but with a interesting entertaining, just like the cast, Amazon Women on the Moon, have a kind of charm bring a few comic actings, just like the sketch of Arsenio Hall. Fresh.
February 16, 2011
As much as I like Joe Dante, I can only like a few of the jokes in his sketches; the work of the other guys is even worse. Landis' sketch with Arsenio seems to want to take black upward mobility down a notch with a couple old stereotypes. Ed Begley, Rosanna Arquette, Carrie Fisher and Andrew Dice Clay don't come off bad.
½ September 6, 2010
If you liked The Kentucky Fried Movie, you'll love Amazon Women on the Moon! This spoof movie is hilarious, outrageous, timely, and full of interesting film people to look for too. I love this movie, it's one of my favourite spoof films, and I highly recommend it.
½ August 11, 2007
A wacky late-night television film festival which has a hilarious main feature "Amazon Women on the Moon" and flips around to other channels and shows on the cable dial. Many of the jokes are hit or miss, but I was quite entertained. An SCTV fan like me really liked it.
December 7, 2006
Funny, funny film.
November 20, 2006
I remember laughing a lot.
DrStrangeblog
½ October 9, 2011
Fitfully funny comedy hodgepodge from a handful of veteran directors. Most skits lose steam quickly, best ones include Arsenio Hall having an accident-prone afternoon in his apartment, Ed Begley Jr. who thinks he's developed an invisibility serum, and Monique Gabrielle profiled during an ordinary day with a Pethouse Pet. Yow!
½ March 28, 2009
Following up the life-alteringly hilarious Kentucky Fried Movie was never going to be easy, but they had a go and sadly this feels like all the deleted scenes from that film.
There is some gold: Michelle Pfeiffers sketch, Jack the Ripper Revealed, and The Son of The Invisible Man. But sadly the film as a whole is more filler than killer.
alanjayh
June 2, 2008
similar to KFM...has its high and low points..some very funny sketches..some not so...take the good with the so-so and be entertained!
iLeo
½ January 3, 2008
Hilarious!
December 10, 2012
Gave this one a re-watch off the To-Watch Pile, and I can honestly say that they don't make movies like this one anymore. Love the flipped channel concept, cycling through all the bad television tropes of the '80s and the bad movies that hit re-runs around that time.

Well worth a rental if you've never seen it.
September 9, 2010
Hilarious all-time cult fave. Arsenio was great, and much like Kentucky Fried Movie there are some big hits and some flat notes. I still laugh with this one.
½ June 1, 2010
A series of comedy sketches with a wide variety of actors. This has been referred to as a cult classic by some, I honestly think that's because so few people have taken the time to see it, more than it's appeal to fringe elements of the movie going public. I've seen it multiple times and it still makes me laugh. As with most sketch comedy, you're not going to enjoy all of it, but there is some really good comedy here and some great performances.
September 5, 2009
Now this is how you do a cult comedy. Much like Kentucky Fried Movie, this is a collection of skits spoofing a wide variety of subject matter. Lots of cameos in this hilarious film.
½ June 22, 2009
Our bullshit team has unearthed spectacular new evidence which suggests Jack The Ripper was in fact, The Loch Ness Monster.
½ September 13, 2008
This is a great spoof movie, they switch between commercials, film, and video spoofs, which is really cool. Also, there's a good number of celebrities in it. This and Spaceballs are the best spoof movies of the 80s.
September 14, 2008
This is some funny sh*t. Short sections of "break in" funny that lead to films like Weird Al's UHF and Tape Heads.
½ February 2, 2008
I like it, but it is more a llinking of sketches like Kentucky Fried Move or Dynamite than a sci-fi spoof. Like a Satutrday Night Live tape.
October 15, 2007
So random and so fucking hilarious. I think the first scene should go down as one of the best sketches of all time.
½ September 4, 2007
I laughed a couple of times. I thought the bulk of it was just too stupid to be considered funny. The synopsis I read for it sounded like it may have been funny, but it was not what I expected and certainly wasn't quality humor.