Amblin' Reviews

• Jul 07, 2015

You'd be hard pressed to find a more 60's film than this; a sweet little silent piece with a perfectly selected folk-rock soundtrack, like all road movies this is about how the journey is better than the destination, or is it?

• Jun 16, 2015

A creative and charming short film, showing the skills that Spielberg had when he had no wealth. It is still a mystery how such a talented director became a money mogul instead, to get more bums on seats as possible rather than directing something with some depth.

• Apr 05, 2014

Got hold of an old VHS, it was a good film, I enjoyed it. You can see Spielberg, directing talent.

• Jun 12, 2012

Steve Spielberg's independent short film is a nice little start to his long and very successful career. It is sort of like a silent film, mostly music, with a few sound effects and laughs and stuff throughout. It is very late 60s in style, but it has that spark that would become Spielberg's style. It features two young hippies hitchhiking in the desert, as you watch their relationship begin, grow, and see them fall in love before it comes to an end. The film isn't much, but it lead to Spielberg getting a huge TV directing deal, which lead to jobs on "Night Gallery" directing the TV film "Duel", which was later released into theaters...all of which lead to "Jaws" and history...if I were Spielberg, I'd probably name my company Amblin' too.

• Jul 28, 2011

Really creative with good music and good rememorable shots, Amblin' is a good start for Mr. Spielberg

• Lucas M Super Reviewer
    May 27, 2011

Steven Spielberg's first film, Amblin', is smart and criative, a portrait from a generation. Fresh.

• Apr 05, 2011

considerado el primer corto de Spielberg, aunque no lo es. Sin diálogos, aunque dudo de muchos mensajes. No sà (C) si fue la copia que vi pero la fotografía me pareció malísima y las actuaciones muy forzadas para denotar lo que querían. Me agrada lo que sucede al final, aunque no logro comprender varias cosas. Sí es una sorpresa lo que descubre la chava. Por lo demás no me parece grandioso.

• Mar 28, 2009

I can't believe I actually found this on YouTube after years of searching. Young Spielberg shows that he already had command of the medium of film at an early age. Should be required viewing for all film students.

• Jan 17, 2009

A short, sharp, comedy-road movie... beautifully shot, well made, and completely pointless. Of course you will enjoy it better if you are a 'spilberg' Fan... and by the way it has a wonderful score and title song.

• Jan 16, 2009

Needed a better tone to make this movie as cute and as romantic as it wants to be. Instead, it feels rather corny and hokey.