America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

America Reviews

November 4, 2014
I'm very sorry for those Americans reading my very brief review. No doubt you visited the cinema to watch this film, and I've even read that in some cinemas the audience broke out in applause at the end of the film.

I'm not in anyway an historian, or film critque, but then in my defence the majority of you aren't either.

This film disregards each and every dark moment in US history (and yes I'm aware that the UK has bad history, most countries do). It almost made me vomit to think that one person (yes I know he's an immigrant) thinks the world is in a better place because of America :/

FUBAR!!
½ July 8, 2014
Anything with Rosie O'Donnell in it has got to suck! The women can't act or sing! I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone!
July 4, 2014
GREAT MOVIE. Wake up America.
January 27, 2014
I Love this movie !!!!
August 13, 2012
this is a good movie
March 17, 2010
I liked the movie, however, I was looking for a story about foster children after the age of 18 and their journeys. Great job by the main character, Philip Johnson, in his first movie. Kudos to Donna Williams as Mrs. Cole! I look for more roles coming her way. Let's hear for Michigan's own!
½ January 28, 2010
Anyone who ever has dealt with a foster kid, the foster system, or even dealt with trying to get help with a therapist for a kid in need can totally relate to this movie. It is incredibly moving and heartfelt. The things these kids go through are so tremendous. Many adults don't give that enough weight while they talk about the resiliancy of children. Children break easier than we think and while this is just a movie, a made for tv movie at that, it shows just how breakable these kids are.
January 16, 2010
A brief look into the life of a young mans path through the Child Care "System" of America. Although the subject matter and situations were very real. It came off a bit after-school special-ish. Or late night made for TV on CBS. None the less Rosie O' Donnell puts in some of her best work.
January 1, 2010
story is good ....poor story telling style and low acting performances .....
½ November 22, 2009
An immersive film that takes it's time to set up everything and let in unfold naturally, almost. The ending seems hurried and slightly out place. The acting is really strong though and I liked how it showed to deal with people who have nothing.
October 23, 2009
Touching. It's always different going from a book to the big screen, sometimes its not in a good way either. Rosie as Dr. B is a big leap. This movie is different from the book, but it is still a good movie to watch. Typical Lifetime movie, if you enjoy the Lifetime movie channel and kids you'll love this movie. Inspirational job done
½ October 22, 2009
i love this movie so much i could watch it all day everyday
½ September 30, 2009
Words will belittle the story and the performances....so i shall refrain....
½ August 26, 2009
Nothing about this film is convincing. The performances do not ring true, the situations are melodramatic and trite, the writing belongs more in Readers Digest than in a film. The attempts at style fail miserably. I am sure everyone involved meant well, but the result is a failure.
June 20, 2009
Excellent! enjoyed it very much
May 28, 2009
This was pretty good. I was kind of expecting more by the way the network hyped it up, but good nonetheless. It's been done a million times, but I never really tire of seeing a youth-in-trouble-and-trying-to-get-out-of-it story. Love Rosie O' Donnell as well, she's great in pretty much everything!
May 24, 2009
Cute movie. The character America was pretty deep and that added a lot to the movie. For being a new actor, he sure did a god job.
May 1, 2009
Pretty interesting movie. America is such a interesting kid. I think this movie is kind of inspirational. Lifetime always has the best movies.
April 18, 2009
The hardship this boy America has gone through is trouble some... Losing his family, getting raped by a foster care and almost committing sucide... Than gettin his life together and back to normal but not all the way... i dont all i can say is that if you havent seen it you should because it is a very good movie that made me cry... so yeah!