America Brown Reviews

• Oct 14, 2018

A decent, if flawed look at life in the football spotlight; a film that makes one wonder if it might not be time to turn down the glare a little bit.

• Nov 19, 2016

Ryan Kwanten gives a star making performance in this interesting yet uneven look at the fascination with the football worship in Texas and how it can turn from love to hate by those closest to it.

• Feb 20, 2015

Thought this was going to be a "boy" movie about football, but it surprised me. Ryan Kwanten performed really well. And loved that Sheldon from CSI was in it. He so hot!

• Aug 22, 2009

Very Entertaining, wake up call.

Very Entertaining, wake up call.

• Nov 14, 2008

good movie. kept me guessing!!

good movie. kept me guessing!!

• Aug 03, 2008

A riveting well acted actor's piece. While some of the sub-plots got lost, this is a great Indie movie that shows why popcorn films are for morons.

• Jan 04, 2008

Who would have thought Vinny from Home and Away would turn up as a Texan High School Football player, great little film

• Dec 10, 2007

This movie was good, not great. The pacing was a little torturous and some of the situations a little farfetched. Ryan Kwanten put on an amazing performance. Otherwise, it mostly fell flat to me.

• Jun 03, 2007

A good little story. I love movies that tell very personnal and intimate stories. This film is just that. Seek it out, it's worth it.

• May 15, 2007

tells the story of Ricky Brown a young guy who has been brought up by his older brother to play football,when Ricky tries to tell him he doesn't want to play they both come to blows and his brother collapses.Ridden with guilt Ricky runs away to NY to deal with what has happened ,their he finds a friend who he confides in,but it's not long untill his coach comes looking for him,slow paced but some real serious isues delt with in the movie not a bad job.