American Fork (Humble Pie) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Fork (Humble Pie) Reviews

November 28, 2011
Really has a lot of soul and honesty. I loved the lead character here.
October 24, 2011
Definitely a must see
½ July 3, 2011
Offbeat and enjoyable.
May 3, 2011
Hubbel really shines with a very sincere performance!!! Really enjoyed this film!!!
½ April 26, 2011
Such a good movie. I loved the plot, the characters and they way they made the movie. It's sad, emotional and at the same time ironically funny. Very lovable main character.
½ April 23, 2011
I thought this was a great great movie. The plot was simple, and much more real life than movie, and I loved that about it. I don't really have a whole lot to say about it though. Haha. And... I had NO idea there was another Baldwin brother. Throughout the movie, I was thinking "Wow! That guy looks so much like Alec Baldwin!" ... William Baldwin? Surprise surprise!
April 12, 2011
Pretty good indie comedy-drama in the vein of "Napoleon Dynamite."
½ December 3, 2010
ahahahahaha......!!!
August 28, 2010
Good dark humor, excellent performances, interesting story. Nothing more, nothing less.
½ August 22, 2010
Even though American Fork (Humble Pie) is very charming and definately has its moments of humor,you ultimately end up wishing the dramatic elements of the film (while not bad) would have hit just a little bit harder.
½ August 18, 2010
This movie is as gut wrenching as it has heart, and while it preys on the naivete of it's star, Hubble Palmer, it brings to life a point when even the most gullible of people need to learn some backbone, some right from wrong, to stand up and say: "I'm mad as Hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

William Baldwin essentially plays himself, a second string actor who appears at first as a mentor, and then as a jerk who inserts himself into Tracy's (Palmer) life via his sister's love interest, ignoring Tracy and stealing his re-energized dignity. Tracy binge eats to cover his deep sadness, which carries the 'heavy' drama aspect of this dramedy.

He also takes out his anger on a fellow-coworker, Helen, who is just as troubled and a loner as him. He finally becomes self-motivated to steal thousands of dollars from the company he's worked at for 11 years, when he realizes he is one of many assistant managers, and not somebody important. But you still feel uneasy, like he's being had, set up by his new gang of no-good friends. And then....

This is a very well-crafted movie that deserves to be watched. See it!!!
½ August 11, 2010
the bad ronald reference alone makes this movie worth watching
½ August 2, 2010
Far too predictable.
½ July 3, 2010
I really liked this movie! Tracy Orbison is just a genuine person who gets taken advantage of by alot of the people in his life, yet he stays true to himself thoughout.
June 26, 2010
A decent and probably overlooked movie with some solid acting and a wide range of emotions on display, although it doesn't really come completely together or reach much of a resolution. We're left to infer some things about the future of Tracy. I do admit that changing the ending would have probably been a tough sell, though, and I certainly laughed at Helen's reaction to Tracy's poetry.
June 1, 2010
I had a difficult time staying interested.
½ June 1, 2010
I had first seen Hubbel Palmer in the Sasquatch Gang, but this film makes up for it. He is a very likable actor and really brings his character to life.
The film itself is filled with a mix of comedy, drama, and...humble pie!
June 1, 2010
Unfortunately this independent film is hurt by its dry story and pathetic antagonist,and instead of a delicious treat i was hoping to be it left a bad taste in my mouth.
½ June 1, 2010
This film really shows how someone can be used. Hubbel Palmer is an overweight guy who just wants to have something in his life and to have friends. He tries really hard and gets what he thinks is friends and he joins a class for acting. He ends up getting turned on by his friends and even his teacher making his life go from good to very bad. But the moral is that you can make your life happy if you just try really hard. Hubbel Palmer did a great job as the main character. The rest of the cast was just ok for me. I did enjoy Mary Lyn Rajskub. But I wasn't too thrilled about William Baldwin. This is a touching little story with a little added humor to keep you interested.