American Kickboxer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Kickboxer Reviews

July 29, 2012
7i25i2012: After 15 min, it looked pretty awful!
½ April 3, 2012
Poorly acted and scripted. I love bad kung-fu movies and the likes (I gave 5 stars to movies like Gymkata, American Ninja, and the Last Dragon) but this one was horrible. THe fighting was so staged it hurt to watch. I have never really watched an americiized karate movie I hadn't liked until this flick.
February 24, 2009
Was not expecting much but pleasantly surprised by how hilarious the movie was. First there is a ton of short montage training sequences and Newspaper titles that if you look closely are just titles and reading the actual text has nothing to do with American Kickboxing. Also one of the headlines has a picture of Dolly Parton and Chuck Norris ripped right out of the Invasion USA poster. It also says something about him leaving his wife of 30 years to join an Island Band or something. Makes no sense whatsoever. Also at the end Headline Challenge was spelled challange. I guess they did not bother too much because at the end you can clearly see one of the actors counting one higher than everyone else. Keith Vitali was great and it was not boring too watch.
½ January 26, 2009
September 15, 2008
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING
½ May 12, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 13.08.1997
½ January 25, 2008
this is a good movie
May 27, 2007
heaps great fighting movie
deano
April 19, 2007
Although Kieth Vitali, John Barret and Brad Morris know their karate, this tedious movie looks like a rip-off of Rocky or Raging Bull, except that they kick.