American Meth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Meth Reviews

July 12, 2015
It was sort of a rambling mess, but it did expose some really stark truths that this country has long been ignoring. We have a serious drug problem that the criminal justice system seems only to be making worse.
½ August 16, 2013
very good look at the meth problem in the country right now. Worth watching
August 3, 2013
Horribly produced documentary.
January 7, 2013
The sound mixing was very bad. It was hard to hear what the narrator was saying compared to all the other loud sounds.

The first part of the documentary has a lot of interesting information and interviews. The second part of the documentary spends a long time in the trashy trailer of a meth-addicted couple and their three neglected children. This part is a real drag. These are the sort of people you avoid socializing with in real life. But if you want to finish watching the documentary, then you are stuck with these people.

I guess it was trying to show how meth ruins lives and promotes squalor. But the point was made quickly, and after that, it just became sort of a torture to watch.
August 24, 2012
Watch For The Sake Of Our Children's Future!
April 30, 2012
Movie was ridiculous.
September 22, 2011
Booooooooooooring. Not only does this film fail to show any new insight into the meth world, it also can't seem to find one interesting subject- just a bunch of dumb trash, contrived stereotypes, and morons who obviously cannot wait t'see demsaylfs on duh Tay-Vay. Even the cops and experts are retards. Where are all of the deranged, flamboyant, paranoid, little tweakers that tickle our funny bones and entertain us to no end??? Not here!
About halfway through, the film decides to focus on a skanky hetero couple whose squawkings and jabberings are made even more unbearable (and the trailer-esque dialect less discernable) by 5 or so little brats running around in diapers whining, crying and fighting all the while. No wonder they turned to meth. If you are in the mood for a healthy dose of superiority to lift the spirits of your mediocre life- skip American 'Meh' and just watch a couple re-runs of Intervention or Hoarders. That always does the trick. One star for this dud!
September 11, 2011
The focus on the beleaguered family for the last third of the movie was absurd. Meth was not the reason this family was in trouble. The movie could use a better narrator and some strong editing: There were many mistakes in spelling, grammar, and usage. All in all, the aforementioned family notwithstanding, the movie is a decent effort, but it doesn't quite get there.
½ June 19, 2011
Interesting documentary about this very destructive drug. In the conclusion, It was comforting to know the subjects were trying to clean up their lives. Some people have done this drug and have never gone back.
June 19, 2011
Crazy. Anyone who goes near this drug is crazy. It's definitely the worse drug for various reasons.
May 16, 2011
Although i had no no desire to do meth before watching this movie that desire was simply reinforced after i watched this movie
April 8, 2011
A great topic but horribly horribly executed.
February 15, 2011
Ill proudly admit that Missouri is the meth capitol of the world (or so they tell us on the news each night) & I look forward to seeing the midwest portrayed in all its redneck glory lolz.
January 11, 2011
A 3-year-old daughter of two addicts wakes up at 4am, walks to the refrigerator and takes out a milk carton half her size to refill her bottle. That's how to make a hard hitting documentary.
½ August 10, 2010
i felt this could have been done better w/ better information.
April 6, 2010
Interesting topic that needs to be explored more. This is poorly done. Really just states the obvious there is a problem. Horrible Sound.
February 23, 2010
You would think that a documenaty about meth, narrated by Val Kilmer might be interesting...
January 13, 2010
Very powerful documentary. Not only did it show the problems it showed the solutions.
November 24, 2009
Started off ok, but the ending with the family living in the trailer was boring. We really didn't need to see the ins and outs of thier lives.
October 27, 2009
This documentary about the growing meth problem is a very split movie. On one hand the first half is about the problem and how it affects rural america, dealing with the people in the community, including law enforcement and users, affected by it and the campaign the state (Montana, in this case) enacted to curb it. This half felt really... I hate to use the word amateurish, but that's what it felt like. The second half follows this "trailer trash" family and how meth has destroyed their lives and their eventual leaving the area and moving back to their home state to try and escape the drug's crushing impact. This half felt more like a documentary and was actually kind of touching, giving us a first hand account and glimpse into what meth does to people. All in all, this documentary isn't terrible, as its topic is important, but I just wish it felt more fluid and not like two different docs covering the same topic.