American Chai - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Chai Reviews

January 18, 2009
An excellent movie about the struggles of Indian kid growing up with interest outside of the culture's norm...This movie has some great memorable moments, like the cut to song/dance routines, hilarious "rational" explanations by Aasif Mandvi, and that gangster Raju...Definitely worth watching by everyone...
½ June 29, 2008
Cool, captures tension and hybridity of being second generation in US
½ April 13, 2008
Cute, but pretty predictable story of children of immigrants struggling with their parents' expectations. The main character is really a talented singer/songwriter though.
½ January 27, 2008
Proof that it does not matter where you come from, your parents still have a set of plans for you that are ot exactly what you want
January 2, 2008
I thought this movie was AMAZING - it truly describes many of the ABCD/IBCD struggles with parents and with society
December 23, 2007
the first NRI film i ever watched. i think the genre is now passe , but i loved this movie!
½ November 14, 2007
Pretty nyc flick which motivates you to do what YOU want in life....no matter what your parents or ny1 else thinks...
½ August 1, 2007
It was really cute. I liked the music and the cultural referances.
½ April 29, 2007
Impassioned movie from the heart of Indian-Americans. I felt those moments of discovery watching "American Chai" like I did when I first say 'Say Anything' and 'Brothers Mc Mullen'. A wonderful film with funny satires of Bollywood.
February 19, 2007
Along the same lines, this is one of the first first-generation movies I saw and they actually carried at Blockbuster.
April 18, 2006
this movie was funny
February 13, 2006
This is actually a very good movie.
½ October 8, 2004
VERY ENJOYABLE FILM, DOES A GREAT JOB IN SPITE OF ITS LOW BUDGET. NICE CAST, LIKABLE CHARACTERS.