American Circumcision Reviews

• Mar 31, 2020

It was extremely informative. Yes at times it is one-sided; however, I believe every parent who has to make this decision NEEDS to watch this movie. There are so many things to consider when that time comes for those who have baby boys. The decision should not be taken lightly either. I say a solid 4 stars!!

• Oct 14, 2019

American Circumcision is an unbiased documentary on the topic of circumcision. If you discount the 20 minutes on the topic of foreskin restoration, the pro-circumcision experts are given the exact same amount of screen time as the pro-foreskin experts. Also, you can tell that all of the Rotten critics are either circumcised men or men who support circumcision.

• Oct 06, 2019

it does have an axe to grind but educational & enlightening..

it does have an axe to grind but educational & enlightening..

• Aug 02, 2019

The film is amateurishly done with occasional poor and sudden cuts, but does not take away from its central message nor the information that it communicates. It does not do much in the way of showing a bipartisan point of view as it attempts to, and the stance of the writers is very clear (being that circumcision is abusive or negative), but those who disagree with the intactivist movement prior to viewing would do well to at least give it a watch, as it definitely has the potential to change minds on a "sensitive" topic.

• May 13, 2019

Highly biased documentary that fails to focus on the fact that circumcision is important for health benefits/reasons. These reasons are as follows: 1. Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. However, boys with uncircumcised penises can be taught to wash regularly beneath the foreskin. 2. Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later. 3. Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential. 4. Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis. 5. Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.

• Apr 24, 2019

Fantastic documentary. Reaffirms how lucky I am to have had parents that decided to keep the knife away from me at birth, and how sorry I feel for so many men who will never truly understand how their penises are actually supposed to function sexually. A must watch.

• Mar 29, 2019

Very one-sided. Hard to take seriously.

Very one-sided. Hard to take seriously.

• Mar 14, 2019

Biased propaganda , for anyone in the medical field they know circumcision is done with numbing and painkiller and every medical accosciation in the world states benefits outweighed any risk. Nothing but propaganda

• Jan 27, 2019

I wonder when circumcision will be a thing of the past. Itâ(TM)s such a sad suffering that has no space in todayâ(TM)s conversation. This documentary should be the much-needed loud voice for the cause. Hoping for change!

• Jan 24, 2019

A movie that manages to catch you in his really life. Using boxxy software I watched this amazing production.