American Dreamz Reviews

• Jun 24, 2020

It can't settle on a tone so the actors get lost trying to play a million at once.

• Feb 12, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) An OK comedy, it's more thought-provoking than funny. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 47 minutes, it's an average length movie that feels a little longer. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Interesting array of acting talent. Dennis Quaid and Mandy Moore stand out, but the rest of the cast is also pretty good. Summary: (3/5) Not sure where this movie fails, but it felt a little long and was not as funny as it should have been.

• Dec 31, 2019

cheesy, corny and so funny! An absolute must see if you dont mind watching a bit of cringe and Hugh Grant being an asshole. Also features a bomb and Mandy Moore, so something for the boys.

• Dec 23, 2018

How this movie got the all-star cast it got is beyond me.

How this movie got the all-star cast it got is beyond me.

• Sep 25, 2018

In its best tidbits, the movie is a gallingly clever generational satire in the vein of Paul Mazursky's later works, an acerbic encapsulation of the cultural vapidity and political ineptitude that characterized the American fantasy between the physical collapse of 9/11 and the financial collapse of 2008. More often than not, however, the movie is too cynical to land all but the best punches, made up of too many one-note jokes and shallow caricatures to have much weight-reflecting, in a sense, the cloying nihilism of the period. The result feels surprisingly dated given that only a decade later we would have an actual game show/reality tv presidency; something here is still too earnest, believes still too much in the American dream that it so cooly mocks.

• Sep 11, 2016

Easily the most bizarre movie I have ever seen in my life. It's definitely a satire with moments of intelligence, but there are a lot more moments of stupidity.

• Sep 14, 2015

Cleaver,funny and intelligent......oh who am I kidding it's horrible.

Cleaver,funny and intelligent......oh who am I kidding it's horrible.

• Sep 06, 2015

Good enough , not hilarious

Good enough , not hilarious

• Jun 27, 2015

The screenplay goes everywhere but funny.

The screenplay goes everywhere but funny.

• Apr 18, 2015