American Graffiti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Graffiti Reviews

August 16, 2015
No female characters were included in the "what happened to them next" segment at the end of the film. Lucas, I hope you've evolved since then!
August 15, 2015
Classic 60's movie. A must see for everyone!
August 12, 2015
4.25. Not higher only because it's not my type of movie. It's been said that it's one of the best teen movies ever. Those critics aren't wrong.
August 12, 2015
A classic that you need to see !
August 9, 2015
Some classic actors when they were really young. How did Richard Dreyfuss age so much in the next few years.
July 27, 2015
All this movie was missing was Jar Jar in a hot rod.
July 26, 2015
A entertaining and heartfelt comedy-drama film, and one of George Lucas's best directed films, along with the first Star Wars movie.
½ July 14, 2015
This movie is plain old fun. I like seeing all these older actors like Howard, Dreyfuss and Ford when they were really young. The cars and music were both really good. I like the intertwined plot lines. This movie is simply a throwback to the 60s, so it really doesn't age since everything is meant to be old. It's timeless almost. It was funny at times too. Definitely a decent movie.
July 4, 2015
That one time that George Lucas tried to work in the world of human beings on a recognizable 20th century Earth-realm, American Graffiti. It was better than I remembered. Consistently funny, tough but at times tender, and by switching between the four characters you get enough of each one every five minutes and can check on what's going on with the other. It's like four guys telling you what happened the next day - or ten years later, or 50 years later - but with a level of coherence that's deceptively simple.

Not every line or gag works wholly, but so many do and the performances are so charming and appealing that it's impossible to think that the same director would go on to the career he did. That soundtrack makes it a musical where the songs inform the action - the one time Lucas came close to being like his contemporary Scorsese - and they're all pretty much killer. Yes, even Surfin' Safari. And the way that it ends with the Beach Boys' after those final title cards on the characters makes it profound and bittersweet. In 12 hours you get a full life, or lives.

And we've been having fun all summer loooonnggg...

PS: Harrison Ford - dare I say as bad-ass as Han Solo with half the screen-time?
July 3, 2015
If you where there, you understand.
June 28, 2015
American Graffiti is an extremely authentic and well told tale of youthful freedom and the lurking fear of growing up.
May 19, 2015
A great coming age story and great entertainment.
May 19, 2015
in love with the movie!!
½ May 19, 2015
George Lucas' film centred on four friends last night together before some head off to college. The picture has sufficient humour and characters who are very relatable. It's difficult not to compare this to a very similar movie which came out twenty years later, 'Dazed and Confused' with Linklater's film being superior in most aspects.
½ May 13, 2015
87% on my Tomatometer.
April 28, 2015
Have fun finding the Star Wars premonitions. Lucas is at his best here with composition and off-key dialogue and humor
March 27, 2015
On the eve only 2 are leaving for college, 4 friends have an amazing night of love and life in pre-Vietnam America, chock full of rock & roll and classic cars.
March 25, 2015
A fine, entertaining, nostalgic piece with a soon to be all star cast
March 19, 2015
Ventriglia su uso della musica
March 14, 2015
An American Classic! And one of my all time favorite movies!