American Milkshake - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Milkshake Reviews

½ January 2, 2014
Decent movie that keeps your attention, but has no real rewatchable qualities... One time view & then stored forever...
December 2, 2013
Loved this film, like I said it was a film not a movie. It was very similar to my experiences in High School but different in the fact its made in Tacoma Park, Md. on Maple Ave which is like 5 min from where I live. Its honesty and realness of the kids feelings along with good simple
acting and directing. I advise anyone to
watch it because its an American story
about a small amount of white kids who
experience life as a minority.
September 18, 2013
Gotta love a movie that gets you laughing and squirming with discomfort in almost equal measures. Think it was a little too edgy for the 'top critics' but I was all about it-- watched it twice.
September 9, 2013
For the most part, I could never related to any coming of age high school stories in popular media, because it was so different from my own experience from outside D.C. in a school with extensive racial diversity and the nerdy magnet program that further complicated any stereotypical hierarchy of school portrayed in movies. While I am of course partial to liking American Milkshake because it essentially captures my upbringing, i think its a funny and entertaining film that totally gets the behavior and mindset of teenagers and captures racial dynamics that are prevalent outside a predominantly all-white bubble.
½ September 6, 2013
It was an entertain movie. It was fun to watch Jolie going through all those drama, how he deals or not even deal with it. The racial jokes were funny to me, I went to a public high school in nyc so I could related to that. Over all, I enjoyed the movie.
September 6, 2013
Great movie. Worth seeing a true to life coming of age story about white kids.