Critics Consensus: American Reunion Is A Decent Get-Together
Plus, Titanic (in 3D) is (still) Certified Fresh.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Guy Maddin's Keyhole, starring Jason Patric and Isabella Rossellini in a supernatural drama about a small-time hood who discovers that his house is filled with ghosts, is at 86 percent.
- Damsels in Distress, starring Greta Gerwig in a comedy about a group of young women at a small college who counsel depressed students, is at 78 percent (check out director Whit Stillman's Five Favorite Films here.)
- Surviving Progress, a doc on the potentially negative effects of technological progress on civilization, is at 77 percent.
- Morgan Spurlock's Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fan's Hope , a documentary about the obsessive fans who attend the world's most famous pop culture convention, is at 76 percent.
- The Hunter, starring Willem Dafoe in a thriller about a mercenary on the trail of an extremely rare Tasmanian tiger, is at 75 percent.
- Mario Van Peebles's We the Party, a coming-of-age comedy about a group of Los Angeles high schoolers trying to find their place in the world, is at 44 percent.
- We Have a Pope, starring Michel Piccoli in a dramedy about a newly-elected pontiff who doesn't really want the job, is at 44 percent.
- The Assault, a thriller based on the true story of a French airline hijacked by terrorists, is at 33 percent.
- ATM, a thriller about three people trapped in a cash machine kiosk by a mysterious killer, is at 11 percent.