American Soldiers: A Day in Iraq - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Soldiers: A Day in Iraq Reviews

½ November 25, 2014
Worst war movie I have ever seen in my life
½ July 10, 2012
They tried to make it look real. And this realism was the only card they played. There was really no plot other than the war movie cliche - budgeting resources while staying alive. I wasn't really convinced.
½ April 2, 2012
Worst war movie i've ever seen
October 23, 2011
La première heure du film est une succession de clichés éculés sur le patriotisme, la guerre, le terrorisme et la situation en Irak. Les idées véhiculées sont des raccourcis simplistes, c'en est pathétique. Les dialogues sont du même niveau, creux et banals, récités par des acteurs du dimanche.
La seconde partie est plus intéressante, sans doute parce que l'action se lance vraiment : ça évite au réalisateur d'avoir à trop réfléchir (ça doit pas être son truc). On a dès lors droit à un film de guerre honnête, plutôt joliment mené.
Un film schizophrène donc, à regarder tout sens critique éteint.
July 7, 2011
Saw it awhile a go, it was good for the budget it had.
½ June 6, 2011
It was ok but the recurrence of attacks were just too unrealistic....
July 23, 2010
It doesn't really bring any new information to light, nor does it examine the pyche of the soldiers it portrays.
½ April 10, 2010
I should of watched the Hulk again...or cut my toe nails...anything but watch this...hell, even do my uni work!! Shame I had nothing better to do on a Saturday night :(
February 1, 2010
do not rent this if you like hard core action in your face violence war movies. I am surprised there was not a narrator guiding you through this just to make it even more exciting???!!!!!!
December 2, 2009
Absolutly an excellent movie!!!!! I wish was back over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 27, 2009
the movie itself shows a messege to all american soldiers and civilians. the ending part was intense.
October 22, 2009
Ignorent civilians is all i have to say about the comments
June 30, 2009
The movie shows how American Soldiers are serving in Iraq in order to bring peace & stability to country.
½ May 11, 2009
Set In Iraq in 2004 this film was made as a tribute to those who lost their lifes in the worst day of fighting. Those people are listed at the end of the film. This film does deserve to be seen. It has been made with a very low budget and with unknown actors which means that it is overlooked in favour of the bigger budget films which is a shame.. If you do watch it just take it for what it is and don't compare it with others in the genre.
November 6, 2008
I thought a lot of the dialogue seemed more fitting for a play or an afterschool special than a serious film. Watching this 4 years after the fact also makes it very dated. It wasn't great.
August 10, 2008
Tout simplement mauvais.... pas aime du tout...
July 18, 2008
Best Iraq War movie i've seen yet
June 27, 2008
Extremely lame directing, acting and story.
½ May 27, 2008
A good affort to be honest. Typical American cheesiness and Martyrdom as per usual but an ok watch, plenty of action and some witty dialogue in parts.
½ May 12, 2008