An American Vampire Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An American Vampire Story Reviews

½ May 18, 2011
So bad I couldn't even make fun of it.
½ March 1, 2011
A teenager unknowingly invites a couple of vampires to stay, after his parents leave the house to him for the summer. He begins to realize his mistake when the local animal population starts to dwindle and his unusual company begins to show their true intentions.

The focus of the film might seem captivating to hardcore vampire enthusiasts, but it's completely centered around embarassing dialogue and hokey acting from it's characters. I watched this film solely because of Carmen Electra (which has her picture displayed all over the cover), on top of that, she's hardly present in any of the scenes. I know she wouldn't have saved this film for me, but maybe a little skin might have made it bearable.

American Vampire steers into ridiculous territory with production having a hazy vibe throughout. The plot is pure cheese factor, having no intelligence, or any horror for that matter; the presence of gore is completely non-existant. The film was made only to show that the director can make a shoddy production. The leads were a waste and were not even subtle in their horrible acting, even though having Adam West as the Big Kahuna was rather humorous. Upon first meeting, his character gets really interested in what the "scantily-clad" female vampires look like, even asking the teenager if he was gay for turning down their seductive advances. Why wasn't more humor like this involved in the script? Granted, I wasn't really expecting anything from American Vampire, except a chance to check out Electra and Co.; which was also disappointing.
July 6, 2009
Frankie's parents leave to Europe for the summer, and vampires decide to hang out at his house. A slow moving film, with few highlights - Carmen Electra adds some glamour, and Adam West as The Big Kahuna, some comedy, but let's face it neither of them are going to set the world alight with their acting ability!
May 31, 2009
Seen it, kinda weird but its got Carmen Electra in it and she's so pretty..
May 14, 2009
Not bad for a buck its good for a laugh.
January 5, 2009
this is just awful..
½ January 3, 2009
I don't understand why they make movies like this...
July 17, 2008
The best movie ever created. magical camera works, fantastic actors, script is mind-boggling.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 4, 2008
Stupid women. Vampires, the best.
January 28, 2008
why do i own this movie?
November 27, 2007
Adam West is the "Big Kahuna" a surfer dude/vampire hunter. It had some funny moments, but really isn't all that great a vampire movie.
½ October 24, 2007
this movie isn't worth even a buck. even adam west couldn't save it as the big kahuna!
October 13, 2007
Even if it sucks, I want to see it.
August 3, 2007
These flicks that star Carmen Electra are redeemed. Besides, the characters seem so real.
½ July 24, 2007
Does this deserve a half-star? Sure, on the off chance that the whole thing was done tongue-in-cheek. Probably worth the dollar we paid for it, though.
July 21, 2007
This wasn't a bad horror movie, it was just a bad movie in general!
June 28, 2007
This movie bites (hah hah) on the plus side, you can see the boom mic and also Carmen Electra's nipple!
June 13, 2007
it is my fate. I WILL see this movie.
½ June 11, 2007
freakin gay, i mean there is a dude named moondoggy in it