American Warships - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Warships Reviews

½ January 27, 2015
Not much to recommend here. I do think it interesting that a movie from the people at Asylum call American Warships has marketing material that makes sure you realize this is not the movie Battleship. Battleship is so bad not even these types of movies want to be associated with it, and I don't blame them.
December 4, 2014
Funkar, men knappt!!!
February 17, 2014
That was about the most ridiculous movie I have seen since the smog monster VS Godzilla
½ August 10, 2013
2013-08-10 Carl Weathers as a general, Mario Van Peebles as the captain of the USS Iowa
July 10, 2013
The cheaper more ridiculous knock off of an already fairly ridiculous film.
April 27, 2013
This movie was poor. The storyline was great, but the animation and most of the acting was horrible.
Clearly this movie didnt have much of a budget. So in the end, the storyline practically saved the movie a bit.
½ March 26, 2013
To say this was made in 2012 is a total travesty. Stock footage of aircraft, Hercules transports dropping bombs and a extra 300 acrobatic plane doing spirals to the ground to emulate a vintage fighter going down. If I could have given it 0 I would have done. Graphics were better on my old Commodore 64 computer in 1983...
½ March 25, 2013
As Asylum is apt to do, this time they are feeding off the Hollywood film Battleship. The difference, they were actually able to film on a real live battleship at sea! This added a huge amount of cred to the look and feel of the picture. Sure there are plenty of really lame fake looking shots and scenes, but for a low budget picture of this caliber, the flick looks pretty good.
The story is similar to Battleship though not entirely the same. Is it perfect? Not at all, but it does manage to work for this type of film and is above par all things considered.
I truly enjoyed American Warships though I do think they should have come up with a better name in order to better "trick viewers". Oh, and unlike Battleship, this flick actually uses the famous line from the game commercials ;)
bbcfloridabound
½ March 20, 2013
Guess this was out before Battleship the movie that got heavy coverage on the TV with trailers. This movie itself is pretty hokey. The showing of a relationship between ships captain and a female officer under his command surely means the end of any navel officers career in today's navy. Can only give it 2 1/2 stars
½ March 5, 2013
Not nearly as bad as it could be. The basics of the plot made more sense than that of the movie they're ripping off, even thought the not so basics could use quite a bit more polishing. Historical and technical details (even those relevant to the plot) are relatively well researched, those concerning tactics, geography, distances, times and scale are simply awful.The special effects are generally not too bad compared to say early 80's movies. A lot of things look pretty fake, but if you squint a bit you can often pretend you're really looking at explosions.While plenty of things look either just a tad or a ridiculous amount too fake, the North Carolina shines in the role of her slightly bigger and newer cousin. She's the star, and the makers know it. That's why these people decided to actually make a movie about a battleship, instead of a board game. Overall the movie might even be recommendable for the kind of people that are in principle interested in battleships, but don't (really care to) know much about them. For a one million dollar movie, it's not actually bad at all.
February 15, 2013
Netflived this out of boredom. C grade ripoff of "Battleship".

Question. What do you get when you rip-off a movie that is a shallow rip-off of another movie (Star Trek)? apparently, nor as much atomic decay as you would think. Yes this is pure c-Grade schlock by The asylum, but apparently once you start at stupid, is is harder to get dumber at the same exponential rate.

cons - Bad script, bad acting, low budget.

Pros - Big guns going boom at aliens. the ability to now erase Mario Van Peebles off all those Milk cartons.

As Hollywood goes, it is a fail. But as those who watch this genere of rip-off goes, this is actually one of the better ones.
½ December 19, 2012
So bad it was funny!
December 18, 2012
This is the worst movie I have ever seen, low budget,poor acting, so many mistakes done in this film, honestly it looks like a 15 year old made this film. Most of the gun fire from the Ship is repeated scenes,interior of the alien ship is just fiberglass walls with a few LCD screens, very poorly done, you should watch it just to have a good laugh at how bad it is. This is a true and honest review of this horrible film, I give it a zero rating.
½ December 17, 2012
Probably the worst film ever. I mean EVER.
November 16, 2012
It is interesting how a truly horrible movie can damage a career, or contribute to the demise of one that is already failing. This movie featured some decent actors, (Van Peebles and Weathers), coupled with some attractive actresses that would have been better served by waiting for better roles, (McCauley and Watts). The plot was predictable, the effects were horrible, the script was pedantic, the acting by Elijah Chester (SecDef) and David Polinsky (Admiral) was truly aweful. I'm ashamed that I watched it and will avoid future "The Asylum" titles.
November 4, 2012
worst movie ever i rate -1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 infinite and beyond beyond beyond beyond worst movie ever created in world history
½ October 23, 2012
So fantastically bad it became a great comedy. The script was pathetic, the acting way overdone, and the CGI was better in the 70s but I had a great time watching it.
½ October 13, 2012
I wish you could give negative ratings...
October 9, 2012
pretty cool show! I didn't think it was a rip off of anything. it was pretty original. US. Navy versus Alien ships! Cgi was the worst thing about it.
½ September 7, 2012
Is it really necessary to rip off an already abysmal film like "Battleship?" Why does this film have to invoke the fear that foreign countries are out to get the United States at the point of outright propaganda? And why are Mario Van Peebles and Carl Weathers doing in this garbage? Zero and a half out of five stars; this is B-A-D bad.