AmericanEast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

AmericanEast Reviews

½ January 24, 2012
This was a relatively interesting enough premise, but just not well put together. It reminded me a lot of 'The Ring' (Verbinski's version), but lacked its gravity, mood and sense of omnipresent fear. I lost interest...
July 25, 2011
I never thought this would be *physically* possible, but this film sucks and blows at the same time.
January 23, 2010
good and interesting
½ October 11, 2009
AmericanEast focuses on the lives of post 9/11 Arabs, Muslim, or anyone "with a tan." The plot of the movie isn't certain. There are too many stories that are trying to be told in one film. The story mostly centers on Mutstafa and his Jewish friend who plan on opening a middle eastern restaurant. Though the characters have so much passion the many stories being told could become other movies.
February 18, 2009
Clashing cultures, religious tolerance, hardship of adaptation, Jew, 9/11, Muslim, American. Captivating but somewhat exaggerated, some good acting and some not so good. Decent story and some likable characters.
½ January 19, 2009
Worth the watch, and I enjoyed the breakdown of the religious history going on there. But still sort of the whole "everybody gets together in the cafe/restaurant/barbershop and see a glimpse of their every-day lives."