America's Heart and Soul - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

America's Heart and Soul Reviews

August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
July 25, 2012
Pretty good graphics! Watched it in my economics class, and it was alright, but not one of the best I've seen!!!
May 24, 2012
where are the quotes?
April 3, 2011
Brilliant documentary! Inspiring, touching and I felt the tears roll. Beautiful photography. On Demand has it now.
October 22, 2009
It was alright. The opening sequence was neat, but the movie got boring after awhile. I think its way too long. Some segments were more interesting than others. I probably wouldn't care to watch the whole thing again.
October 11, 2009
February 9, 2005
9/11 - I have no use for propaganda. The less objective something is, the less credible. Moore and Hannity say they are not objective, which is not only disturbing, but a waste of my time. I want the truth, not an entertaining polemic.

Anchorman - Sky Rockets in Flight!...What else was funny?

I, Robot - For a Will Smith action movie, not only was it entertaining, but is was smart as well.

Heart and Soul - Celebrating America through very intersting and very different people this county houses.

Spider-Man 2 - I was not to crazy about this one, but it better than the first.
July 19, 2004
A movie about the real America the liberal media does not want you to see including Disney. Check the showing times, its only showing in limited areas with limited times. I've never seen a limited distribution like this with any Disney flick.
July 4, 2004
If you love America and what makes it great, this is the perfect movie.
July 3, 2004
:fresh: Great Movie!
Unlike the Michael Moore movie which is totally opposite! What a Moore-On and Fat lier he's turned out to be.
June 24, 2004
At a time when we're challenged by so many things as a nation, being cynical has become a pastime, especially at the movies. Somebody always has to win. There's always a good guy and a bad guy.

Then along comes America's Heart and Soul.

This film captivates viewers in a way I've not really experienced since Baraka. Stories of simple American lives from the Vermont dairy farmer who moonlights as Dracula in a musical production to the ex-con U.S. Olympic boxer to the guy in Creed Colorado who fires luncheon meat from a cannon, to the blind mountaineer summiting Everest, this is the America to be celebrated. People speak for themselves

This isn't the divisive America in an election year. It's Louis Schwartzberg's beautiful view of America's changing seasons and light cast on individuals laughing, playing music, singing and rejoicing. This is not just a film that could win best documentary, but best cinematography and best original song - a fantastic John Mellencamp ditty.

Seeing this film is a PRIORITY this summer. Take your friends and family. Go twice. Everybody will identify with something on the screen and will likely pinpoint a few things they love.

American's Heart and Soul makes me want to take my family on the road and see as much of this nation's landscape as possible, enriching our lives with the experience of seeing the world through other people's eyes.

Give it a chance and you'll feel the same way.:fresh: