Amongst Friends - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amongst Friends Reviews

½ November 26, 2014
En "Amongst Friends" no hay grandes estrellas y la cinta es de bajo presupuesto, esta obra explosiva cinta es uno de los clásicos olvidados del cine de mafia. Llena de energía (y muy influenciada por el trabajo de Martin Scorsese), "Amongst Friends" es obligatoria para cualquier amante del género de gánsteres, del cual confieso, yo soy fanático.
November 3, 2014
it was alright, nothing special
August 5, 2014
One of my all time favorites. Great music, good story line. Worth watching more than once.
½ September 22, 2009
This is a vapid, shallow little film with a story ripe with potential, but squandered due to poorly developed characters and a terminally flawed script. Athough the making of it, covered in John Pierson's book 'Spike Mike Slackers & Dykes' is nothing less than captivating.
½ April 5, 2009
The first few times I saw this movie, I loved it. I mean I was coo-coo for it. Now, it really doesn't hold up for me. I could never hate it, but I just don't think it's as great as I once did. Killer soundtrack, though! Excellent use of Big Audio Dynamite's "Innocent Child".
June 18, 2008
AWESOME MOVIE TESTS FRIENDSHIP
April 26, 2008
I loved this movie! My ex-father-in-law was in it, David Stepkin, he played the Jewish mobster. He was really good in it and had some great lines too! I got to go to the premiere of the film and met Mira Sorvino, it was her first film and got to meet her Father, Paul Sorvino as well. I recommend it highly! Liza :)
½ April 17, 2008
There's really not much to say about this... I hate gangster films and thus I hated this but whatever... perhaps I just went into this already wanting to hate it after reading "Spike, Mike, Slackers and Dykes" where there's 50 pages of why the director is a douche lol
February 29, 2008
I wanted that piece of shit to die so bad in the end after killing his friend.
January 3, 2008
how often is there a great indie "gangster" movie? never. this has some flaws, but overall, fucking great. sure, i have a biased opinion as i grew up in that era on long island--- and it was all spot on. rob weiss went on to be one of the top writers on "entourage", so i hope that makes people rent and watch this. the writing, the fighting, and the details are wonderful...
iLeo
December 25, 2007
A personal favorite.
December 23, 2007
this film is so borin but hey itfeeds my film fing
November 30, 2007
This is a great if dated look at long Island life for three friends struggling to grow up and be more than Suburbanites. It predated American Beauty but has similar undertones of exposing the ugly underbelly of suburban utopia.
½ November 30, 2007
annoying, uninteresting movie
November 14, 2007
My good friend Steve's movie, if you have not seen it, a must rent!!
½ September 20, 2007
This is a great little film for lovers of the organized crime genre!! Although low budget with a mostly unknown cast, the performances and chemistry between the actors are top notch!! A film about loyalty and betrayal between childhood friends that test their friendship to the limits!! Look for the young academy award winning Mira Sorvino in the cast!! One of my favorites!!!