Amores Perros - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amores Perros Reviews

August 7, 2016
Now I know what Michael Vick's favorite movie is. Seriously, if you're a huge dog lover I'd stay away from this one or at least close your eyes in a few scenes. Besides that, I liked how the three main stories intertwined. Still, it's a bit too lengthy for me.
August 2, 2016
83%
Saw this on 2/8/16
It started off really well, reminding me of City of God, but the film loses its steam by the end and succumbs into a tedious and boring drama. El Chivo's story was mostly intriguing when it was shown in between the other two stories, but when Chivo gets the last 45 minutes to himself, it is simply boring and the entire film loses its purpose. The first tow stories, especially the dog fight one is terrific.
June 28, 2016
Brutal, harsh, energetic and piercing, in a striking debut Iñárritu crafts a harrowing and intricate "mexican pulp fiction" that serves both as a piece of art and as a vehicle for star Gael García Bernal.
June 6, 2016
Astonishingly powerful debut film from director Inarritu about love, dog and Amores Perros
½ May 14, 2016
Debut from 2-time Oscar winner Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Don't watch if you're a dog lover.
March 13, 2016
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu is one of the best filmmakers of the 21st century
½ March 10, 2016
Loves a Bitch is part of the Inarritu trilogy that explores interconnecting lives/themes. I thought it was ok, the best of the three stories was definitely the one about the dog owner and his brother's girlfriend. The other two stories were less compelling. Well acted but would have liked a tidier ending to the film.
March 9, 2016
Pirmasis "The Revenant" rezisieriaus darbas - suns ir zmogaus krauju nutaskyta istorija apie kelius ir klystkelius link meiles.
March 1, 2016
"GRITTY | INCREDIBLE | MASTERPIECE | SUSPENSEFUL | UNFORGETTABLE" (97-out-of-100)
February 6, 2016
4.0/5
Amores Perros often screams gritty ingenuity, but it heavily relies on being emotional and controverisal with each story and sometimes forgets that the other stories matter just as much, making it feel like a fairly uneven but always engaging experience.
½ January 18, 2016
What was the conflict? What was the point? What did I get out of this?
January 4, 2016
"Amores Perros" is a stunning film with a story that fans out like an octopus from a central disaster linking three separate storylines. I found this film to be masterfully executed and more personally touching then most films out today. Each story line and character were so carefully drawn that I remained mesmerized as I experienced the overlapping and out of order narrative. I also felt as though I had been transported to worlds-within-a-world that I had never experienced before. The story is filled with infinite sadness, but leaves one with the feeling of true life authenticity, of having touched some things personal in my own life. Days after seeing the film, my mind is still filled with vivid images and my heart aches from the emotions. This is one of the few films I would give a solid 10. Must see for serious film buffs and dramatic screenwriters.
December 12, 2015
Really enjoyed this. Inarritu is a creative director. Can't wait for The Revenant.
½ November 20, 2015
The first third of the movie almost off because it was so boring and as always the theme of violence and more violence. Then this was compounded with the story of Valeria and maru these two powerful scenes made the film very remarkable.
½ November 7, 2015
González Iñárritu has a unique style for his films before Birdman, of those movies, this is without a doubt the best one
½ November 1, 2015
Amores Perros is perfect, a cult hit incredible and visually spectacular and with a history and a few characters very well developed, the masterpiece that gave the world recognition to Alejandro González Iñárritu is perfect, unique and original. It is like Pulp Fiction, but in Mexico.

Review en Español:
Amores Perros es perfecta, una obra de culto increíble y visualmente espectacular y con una historia y unos personajes muy bien desarrollados, la obra maestra que le dio el reconocimiento mundial a Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu es perfecta, única y original. Es como Pulp Fiction, pero en México.
½ October 9, 2015
August 17, 2015
one of my absolute favorites