An Apology To Elephants - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Apology To Elephants Reviews

November 24, 2017
I'm not crying. You're crying.
March 20, 2016
Hard to watch, but very good
September 15, 2015
ugh; breaks my heart. i was on the verge of tears. i wasn't as impacted as i was when i watched Blackfish, but i think budgeting and production value might play a part in that as well because there was nothing okay about the issues brought up in this doc either. i actually don't have anything against zoos for the most part because they do take care of the animals, it's more of a learning environment and most animals are given the space they need. SeaWorld is a different story because whales are so frickin huge; you can't keep them in a big enough confined space. but the circus... those POOR animals. you know that part in Water for Elephants? yeah... the bad part... that wasn't even bad compared to the real, actual footage shown in this film. so sad. not that i ever go to the circus, but i don't think i'm going to start.
August 22, 2014
A sobering, and transformational, account of a magnificent species, the grace and complexity of which we have failed to understand, owing to the hackneyed, horrible circus tradition. This is as important a film as Blackfish, and deserves to be as widely viewed. Elephants need us to watch it, and we need them.
July 24, 2014
Made me think, made me upset etc. :(
May 29, 2014
HBO Documentary Films presents this Emmy award winning eye-opening film about the exploitation of elephants. With narration by Lily Tomlin, it explores the beauty & intelligence of these wild animals, along with a call for compassion & plea to save what's left of them in our world.
April 19, 2014
Heartbreaking, but the story needs to be told. I hope that it has the same impact as Blackfish and that all animal acts are banned soon.
October 24, 2013
Amazing documentary. Currently available on HBOGo and HBO On-demand.
½ June 23, 2013
Watched this one last night. This movie is a must watch for anyone who enjoys seeing elephants at the circus. PAWS, the animal sanctuary that the TO elephants were scheduled to move to, is featured.
May 18, 2013
A sad, moving documentary, a tribute to these wonderful animals, and our mind-bending cruelty to them, and the good work a lot of us are doing to repatriate them. It should make you sad, ticked off, and ready to punch a circus trainer or any enabler who does this to these gentle giants. Watch it! Highly recommended!
May 13, 2013
Gut-wrenching. I'll never go to a circus again, knowing now how elephants are trained.
May 5, 2013
I adore elephants. This is a fantastic, informative and deeply disheartening, painful documentary of these sweet, gentle beings. People need to be educated and aware. And STOP supporting circuses.
April 28, 2013
A must see for everyone. Please do not go to a circus, and before visiting a zoo check into their care and training methods, I know I will Not knowingly support this torture.