An Invisible Sign - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Invisible Sign Reviews

September 15, 2016
I really liked this movie!
August 5, 2016
Jessica Alba stars in the bland, lighthearted indie comedy An Invisible Sign. The story follows a socially dysfunctional young woman who takes a job as an elementary school teacher, but has trouble connecting with her students. The film lives and dies on Alba's performance, and unfortunately she's not very good. It's hard to get a handle on her character, and whether she has a mental disorder or is just incredibly socially awkward. And there are a number of issues with the plot. Yet, An Invisible Sign is mildly entertaining and has some charming moments.
December 16, 2015
At first I felt that An Invisible Sign was a romantic comedy/drama, then for a few minutes it started to feel more like a psychological thriller, before it then went back to being a reguar romantic drama again.
I liked the storyline and the plot of the movie but I couldn't really feel the chemistry between Jessica Alba and Chris Messina and I couldn't really feel the chemistry between Jessica Alba and Sophie Nyweide. I felt that the story progressed too fast both between Alba and Messina, and Alba and Nyweide, and sadly that's where the movie falls for me.
The grade could have been a lot better, if it wasn't for the chemistry. It was enjoyable whilst watching it but it probably won't be seen again. I would have wanted to feel a little more hole afterwards, but for being an average comedy drama it's definitey one of the better ones.
½ October 8, 2015
The only thing that matches the name of the movie is that you Could not catch any anything from this movie.
August 26, 2015
This is a heart warming tale. Jessica Alba isn't just sexy. This is top notch acting in a tear jerker movie. She also narrates the movie. Jessica does have a sexy voice.
½ April 25, 2015
Quirky, thoughtful, comedy with heart and a little dark. Very unusual story.
October 5, 2014
Not a whole lot of plot, but it's quirky and cute and this is one of the best characters I've seen from Jessica Alba. I'm glad I decided to give this a chance.
September 19, 2014
This film is really unusual, but I did enjoy it! It explores heavy subject matter; cancer, mental illness, and death. But Agrelo did a beautiful job expressing these controversial topics, with a mixture of saccharine scenes and melancholy motives. This movie does have a lot of symbolism and not nearly as many lines in the script. I think that's why some people may find it to drag on. But I think it portrayed just how awkward people really are sometimes, and how much such things as sickness and death can truly change people. Sometimes even permanently. I thought Jessica Alba did pretty well, definitely different from other roles she played, but that's refreshing in my opinion. I really liked the part about the ax, I thought the meaning behind it was spot on!
May 21, 2014
Horrible- I didn't get it at all.
February 7, 2014
Quirky, but endearing movie.
½ January 3, 2014
Potentially amazing film, with not enough heart. Good ending though!
½ November 25, 2013
...just a monotonous barrage of incomprehensible thoughts put together to synthesize a depth which eventually is nowhere to be found.
½ November 20, 2013
I didn't like this movie, it was very touching, but I expected more.
½ October 20, 2013
I tried so hard not to punch someone after seeing this movie. DO NOT WATCH! this is suicide for your eyes.
October 5, 2013
An offbeat indie drama about facing your fears and gaining a life (and happiness) as a result. The journey is excruciatingly slow, but you get enough glimpses of the progress to make it worth your time. Jessica Alba is superb here. Her role downplays her outer beauty and digs deep for the character's inner beauty. Subtle yet hard-hitting and heart-wrenching all at once.
July 18, 2013
Boy this was kind of a bomb, Jessica Alba playing against type as the daughter of a math professor and a math prodigy herself who sinks into the minutia as her father sinks into dementia. Not a lot here to recommend.
April 24, 2013
sweet movie!
little bit disfunctional, but very nice and teaching movie!
March 25, 2013
Absolute Bollocks, very very hard to watch