Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid Reviews

½ May 4, 2017
The first Anaconda, from 1997, was panned by everybody, although I found it to be very entertaining. But then comes the sequel: It's competent enough, the actors to there part, the characters are memorable enough, but the special effects are much weaker. The real problem with this movie is that it's full of horror cliches and it's terribly predictable. It may entertaining nonsense, but it's still nonsense. Reminds me of a Syfy movie. There's no real big reason to see this film, unless you liked the first Anaconda, or if you're a fan of cheap shit.
April 17, 2017
It was loads better the the 1st movie. It's more plot driven and some nicer character moments. Generally I thought the actors performers were more believable in Anacondas. I like the villain in this greater than Voight in Anaconda. I also like that the snakes were not only danger. Yeah not bad for a B movie. Better than Lake Placid.
½ March 31, 2017
2.5/5. It won't blow your minds or anything, but the 2nd Anaconda film is much better than the original. It's not worth going out of your way to see, but there are worse survival-horror movies you could watch.
½ March 20, 2017
This sequel is actually better than the first! Terrific plot with a great cast but it's not horror, it's sci-fi. Morris Chestnut did a phenomenal job and it's always nice to see a knockout beauty like Salli Richardson on the set ;)
½ February 5, 2017
Though it may be just another cheesy B-monster movie, Anacondas: The Hunt For The Blood Orchid fares much better than its loose 1997 predecessor with a unique narrative and solid cast.
December 22, 2016
Reso pił interessante dalla tecnica del digitale, ma rimane sempre un film di serie B
October 12, 2016
The first scraped by as semi decent B-grade schlock but this one is truly awful. Boring characters, boring plot, little snake action.
October 10, 2016
I love the acting and the killings... A slithering great-time 'B' movie....
½ August 26, 2016
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid sounds haunting, but in the end, the film will only haunt us of how there will never be a good film about anacondas.
April 23, 2016
Mostly a rehash of the first film with a new mcguffin. The characters are pretty stale, and there isn't a ton of memorable snake action. The CGI isn't too great, and a step down of practical effects compared to the last film. Forgettable.
April 7, 2016
A ridiculous movie with ridiculous plot and ridiculous characters. Turn your brain off, get some friends, and have the time of your life.
April 3, 2016
It was better than the first one and it was great
January 24, 2016
Significantly better than the first movie, however it was still just another average thriller movie.
½ November 4, 2015
Entertaining... great background movie for long work nights, lol
October 19, 2015
Good movie, love how the plot is based off of The Epic of Gilgamesh. Acting could have been better
September 1, 2015
Johnny Messner's character needs his own film. Everything I want in a cheesy animal horror flick.
August 10, 2015
This is actually a better movie than the original. It has a slight sense of humor, which is important. The only time the suspense falters is when the anaconda shows up for the kill. Otherwise it's a pretty good stretch of the Star Wars trash compactor scene: "Something just moved by my leg, man!"
½ August 6, 2015
Your typical Anaconda movie & sequel. Not as good as the first as the acting isn't all the greatest. But a decent flick. If you enjoyed this one and can get over a bit of bad acting, then this is for sure worth a watch on Netflix.
July 25, 2015
A creature feature that fails to embrace the B-movie silliness that made the original a treat, opting instead for playing it painfully straight. Aside from a couple cool set pieces, there's nothing to see here.