Analyze This - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Analyze This Reviews

½ June 2, 2014
Forgot how funny this movie is
½ May 29, 2014
A funny and original comedy about a gangster that decides to get in touch with his feelings, Analyze This benefits from a well-written script and is boosted by a great chemistry between Robert De Nero and Billy Crystal which are a great pair to watch on-screen.
May 15, 2014
DeNiro is surprisingly funny in this movie.
May 15, 2014
DeNiro is surprisingly funny in this movie.
½ May 9, 2014
People who've watched 'The Sopranos' will be familiar with the idea but the irony of a Mafia mob boss needing psychiatric therapy is still not lost on me. Good old fashioned Italian gangster humour is present here, primarily through De Niro and his fellow mobsters' extended use of sarcasm. The comedy remains dignified throughout while there are a few really funny moments that stand out, especially the end when Billy Crystal is required to impersonate an Italian gangster. Definitely a well thought out plot that provides a solid foundation for plenty of joke opportunities. Make an appointment with 'Analyze This' if you ever want to be cured of boredom.
April 20, 2014
Analyse This is a very weird concept and on paper probably looked like it was never going to work, but it was green lighted and here we are. Featuring two stories of sorts, Robert De Niro and Billy Crystal play off of each other fantastically and really work well with each other. Robert De Niro's parody of his gangster persona is a treat to see and he really plays it well, not unlike Brando in 'The Freshman' and Billy Crystal is a laugh riot with a particularly awesome scene near the end of the movie where his acting reaches new heights and that scene in particular made me laugh the most. While the movie had great jokes I didn't find myself laughing all too often, in fact, the absurdity of the movie itself is so strange and unique that it just offers laughs anyway because of what transpires on screen, it's all so silly, but it works. I also love the scenes in which they parody the Godfather, there aren't many but they're great when they happen. Overall a delightful surprise and a great funny time.
½ April 13, 2014
robert deniro and billy crystal are great together and really feed off each other to help push this movie along.
March 19, 2014
despite the un-exciting ending. I thought it had a funny storyline that had me laughing all the way through.
March 14, 2014
Da Niro and Crystal a pretty good pair in this film. Although I.thought it started out better than it finished.
February 22, 2014
it's fine for what the premise of the movie is supposed to do.
February 19, 2014
A lighter interpretation of the Italian underworld, through the eyes of the neurotic Jewish psychiatrist.
December 15, 2013
Paul Vitti, De Niro, is a New York mob boss has a panic attack and seeks out the help of a psychiatrist played by Crystal. A very similar idea to the Sopranos, but slightly different. While this one more of a comedy and has lots of great moments when De Niro and Crystal are misunderstanding each other. A pretty good film, though there isn't really much to it. Good for the laughs though.
December 12, 2013
Almost as Funny as City Slickers...
November 25, 2013
The greatest organized crime movie to hit H. B. O. I like Sobel Jr., really a lot, and he looks a lot like J. R. Ewing even when in school. What is really an analysis is, Mr. Sobel's romantic muse is also pretty uncool, but she is more uncool about him, more than anyone or anything else. Apparently, Mr. Sobel wants to promote healthy interaction, between humans. When I saw Mr. DeNiro as the star of Ronin, and Taxi Driver, I didn't know he could be as considerate as to be exactly as unpleasant as my sister would want to be, in the worst of times, and in a movie, too. As a matter of fact, I met a great person like Billy Crystal also, but he wasn't called 'Sobel'. There should be a 'Sobel' for every Mafia Boss.
Interesting reflection. It seems that the great star Larry Hagman, played J. R. 'Ewing', who was on the path to being a Jr. ewe lamb, but it seems that he was male, and he remained a Jr. ewe in the making. the 'ing' after 'Ew', means that he was a case in progress, perhaps.
½ November 21, 2013
A new twist on The Odd Couple...DeNiro and Crystal are hilarious in.
½ October 23, 2013
DeNiro ridiculing himself is hilarious and Crystal give one of his less annoying performances. The duo definitely had reasonable chemistry and a great supporting cast.
½ September 16, 2013
Funny mobster movie without great performances by DeNiro and Crystal
August 20, 2013
The two leading actors have a nice chemistry and keep the film going on.
August 14, 2013
Largement inspiré des Soprano, le film n'arrive pas au niveau d'un seul épisode de la mythique série. C'est tout de même regardable grâce aux cabotinages de DeNiro.