Anamorph - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anamorph Reviews

½ January 29, 2012
Willem Dafore the weird dude again. But a very cool movie.
Liloh
August 31, 2011
The ending was absurd. Hell that wot I thought too. I mean the whole Movie the Killer has been damm creative WTF happened. I expected some DRAMATICAL and creativity in the Ending. WOTEVER Apart from that SHITTY ENDING A great Psycho Thriller with WILLEM DAFOE. And less slashing more creativity for a change "OF KILLING" . .........call it anamorphosis.
August 28, 2011
Incredibly underrated! Some great atmosphere in the vein of Seven but far more visually stunning and rooted in a more ominous sense. Sadly it lacked some back story or psychological impact - rendering the ending a bit of a fizzle that sadly didn't build up how I was hoping. This should really have been the worlds greatest video game.
½ July 21, 2011
Beautifully shot, but very slow, poorly written and seems to have several redundant characters. Even Dafoe can't seem to lift his character to great heights. Plus, we're given no clues as to the killer up until the last 10 minutes. Surely that's part of the attraction to crime thriller films? You get to figure it out alongside the protagonists.
½ July 18, 2011
Just watched it but wondering : "What the hell was that? ".
June 7, 2011
I'm reminded a bit of Se7en with a dash of Red Dragon thrown in, although Anamorph isn't on par with either of those.
April 22, 2011
Willem Dafoe dando o sangue como sempre, como um detetive solitário e cheio de problemas psicológicos. As cenas dos crimes me fizeram lembrar ora de "Seven" ora de "Ressurreição". Aqui o assassino (C) de uma criatividade mórbida sem igual. O problema (C) que o filme (C) lento demais, e o final (C) decepcionante e vazio, parece at (C) que ele foi cortado...
April 22, 2011
Willem Dafoe dando o sangue como sempre, como um detetive solitrio e cheio de problemas psicolgicos. As cenas dos crimes me fizeram lembrar ora de "Seven" ora de "Ressurreio". Aqui o assassino de uma criatividade mrbida sem igual. O problema que o filme lento demais, e o final decepcionante e vazio, parece at que ele foi cortado...
½ April 20, 2011
Yet another detective thriller in the "Se7en" mode as a NY detective is haunted by a previous case while a new case starts to have some disturbing similarities. Willem Dafoe is fine as always as the neurotic compulsive detective though costar Speedman just seems out of place. Film starts out interesting but, the somber mood and lethargic pace finally wear the viewer down long before the final frames.
½ February 12, 2011
Creepy but ultimately too slow moving. DaFoe makes it watchable, but its a shame Clea DuVall is wasted in this movie. The staging of the murders are quite elaborate, frankly too unbelievable. Also the curious lack of cellphones and computers (no computers at anyone's desk in a police department?!) is an odd stylistic choice.
½ December 31, 2010
I liked the movie a nice action movie ..
½ December 21, 2010
True to its title..... its visual and gets the best of the Serial Killers Creative side....... The movie is shot intelligently... am surprised as it should have got a higher rating....
December 3, 2010
it's a mystery of all time.
½ November 26, 2010
Detective Stan Aubray (Willem Dafoe) is on the hunt for a art-loving serial killer that he thought was already dead. "Anamorph" is a thriller in the same vein as "Seven", however the story and characters here are way underdeveloped. We never get a real grip of the characters relationship to each other or the motive of the killer. It doesn't help that the movie is slow and never really thrilling either. Decent movie, but I don't recommend it.
November 21, 2010
Wow, such a creative killer. Good story line. Ending kinda disappointing with Det. Stan Aubray as the victim.
November 9, 2010
I can neither say I hated this film, nor can I say I enjoyed it. I just sort of witnessed it. The characters were very basic, Dafoe was true to his roots as he always is... Weird. But thats what endears him to me somehow. Anyways, just far too... uhh. I don't even have the words.
½ October 31, 2010
This is a stinker of a film. Very dull and boring. I came close to turning this one off its that bad
½ October 20, 2010
This was a film that had potential to be a great thriller. The basic plot has a detective thrown back into a serial killer case that might be a copy cat from a past case. The film starts off great. I liked the detective character played by William Dafoe. He gives a great performance. Plus a soild supporting cast for this. I liked the whole movie till the end. The ending seemed very weak and strange. I liked the look and the dark feel to the film. The acting is soild but again the ending just seemed to be the weak point. Worth a watch though if you enjoyed films like "Seven" or are a William Dafoe fan.
October 16, 2010
Stylish yet dull murder thriller which ends with absolutely no resolution, despite its steady development throughout. Whilst this film shows promise for its entirety, its jumbled scenes ultimately serve no real purpose as a whole.