• PG-13, 1 hr. 34 min.

100% Orphan Black: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy Reviews

April 15, 2014
Dusted this one off before watching the sequel....
Romeo H.
April 15, 2014
With irresistibly quotable dialogue and goofy humor, "Anchorman" celebrates being ridiculous; anchored by a fun cast and Ferrell playing his most memorable character to date.
March 17, 2014
Inconsistent, but hysterical.
Felix B.
April 13, 2014
Pure unadulterated, quotable, comedic fun. And one that will be remembered as a comedy classic for this era.
Bribarian
December 25, 2013
Good enough for a once through, but I found the comedy and laughs to be a strain. Christina Applegate delivers though, she's still a beauty. And of course Will Ferrell is funny at almost all times, but overall it was meh.
April 12, 2014
Anchorman provides a couple of laughs, but it mostly tries to be 'hard' and usually fails and its silly, campy performances resemble those dated 80s comedy films too much, not to mention that many jokes rely on moronic yelling from the main character that just is not funny and is borderline idiotic.
April 17, 2010
I appreciate this movie more and more over the years - especially when you re-watch after seeing all of the Internet Memes and clips you've seen over and over - as well as the sheer talent that gels perfectly in this film. It is Will Ferrell at his best - playing the pompous blowhard - more of a witless Disco-era Don Draper to the point you love the character. Champ Kind is a TRUE composite of every local sports guy I saw as a child - COMPLETE with costume. I truly believe this was a career-reviver for Christina Applegate (who had just come off beating breast cancer) who demonstrated great range. The cameos are great in the "rumble scene." Finally - what can I say about the movie that brought us "Sex Panther."
June 30, 2007
I hated this movie. It was raunchy and the humor wasn't even that good. It was just dumb...94 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
lolwhut
February 16, 2014
81%
It's a strange film with good quotes and funny jokes.
April 10, 2014
Despite its powerful cast, Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy offers a capricious, inconsistent film with callow jokes and fails at parodying the given stereotype.
davidhill132
April 8, 2014
It's only that high because Steve Carell was funny.
Clifford Y.
April 8, 2014
A perfect motley crew will render you laughing delightedly, and Will Ferrell's portrayal of Ron Burgundy deserves an Oscar.
August 12, 2008
Bastante excentrica para mi gusto.
anthonysavelieff
April 6, 2014
It's Kind of a Big Deal
April 5, 2014
Magnificently strange, and one of the few films to elicit true belly-laughs from me upon first viewing. "Anchorman" constantly subverts expectations in the weirdest of ways, and if a gag or scene didn't make me laugh (which is inevitable when a movie is this rapid-fire, go-for-broke from start to finish), at the very least, I enjoyed being stunned at the random absurdity of it all.
September 14, 2007
If you don't think this movie is the greatest thing ever, I will fight you.
April 3, 2014
Such a silly film! Laughed a lot! A couple of very funny LOL moments!! LOVED "Afternoon Delight"!!! LOL
Alex Tait
April 2, 2014
Hilarious, enjoyable, and able to watch many, many times. Some memorable quotes.
April 2, 2014
Movies like this exemplify why I hate Will Ferrell's movies. Stupid and asinine.
April 1, 2014
Definitely a movie that will keep you laughing from beginning to end and the characters are extremely memorable