And Your Name Is Jonah - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

And Your Name Is Jonah Reviews

September 4, 2015
Really solid little TV movie. Sally Struthers is uneven in her acting, some scenes she's great, other scenes she's pretty bad, but in general this is a very good film. James Woods is great, and the story is well told and unique. I went in expecting a cheesy after school special vibe, and instead found a movie that was legit good. I even got a bit teary-eyed towards the end.
August 22, 2015
I have recently visited my daughter who has two handicapped children..She also has a child who is not handicapped sandwiched between the two that are handcappped. .T he child not handicapped is affected by the dynamics..of having two handicapped children in the home but communicates the best to the others..The oldest child was misdiagnosed..and the second child who has not thoroughly been diagnosed is in this dilemma faced by this child in the film..He is not speaking at the milestones expocted from a child who is not deaf....He has an expressive aphasia..and has been misdiagnosed and is now recieving speech therapy....This movie about Jolnah has really hit home..I love it...Thank You Jonah for this film!
November 22, 2012
This was a terrific film with fantastic deaf actors!
July 4, 2012
tv movie A couple's deaf child is misdiagnosed as mentally retarded. Yawn! CBS1/28/1979
July 4, 2012
TV MOVIE. A couple's deaf child is misdiagnosed as mentally retarded. Yawn! CBS1/28/1979
May 4, 2012
Well acted, thought provoking drama.
October 27, 2011
I can appreciate the goal of this film, but getting there is so annoying! Both the script and the acting are, for the most part, melodramatic, and the only believable characters are the children. Jonah's parents are pretty despicable, and unintentionally, I think.
August 10, 2011
This movie was rather interesting when seen as a sort of time capsule, demonstrating how deafness might have been seen in the late seventies. I have several hard-of-hearing friends and was surprised at how much the perception and response toward them has changed since this movie was made.

However, that being said... This movie was pretty awful. Not a single one of the adult performances rang true, the story was melodramatic, the characters were over-the-top and constantly irrational. This could have been a pretty good, fairly powerful little movie, but it was made for TV and it shows.
February 26, 2010
saw this when it 1st came out in 1979 and watched it repeatedly until dad threw it away and now Flixster & Hulu gave it back 2 me. A must see movie about a misdiagnosed 7 year old deaf boy starring James Woods and Sally Struthers. Please watch this with your children as a family.
July 16, 2009
"And your name is JonaH" is an awesome movie that everyone should see. I highly reccommed it to those with disabilities in their family, those with hearing impairments in their families, or those interested in working with the disabled.
November 21, 2007
I thought Sally Struthers played a more serious role than she does as Gloria (All In the Family). Here parents of a deaf child are misled, as the medical community thinks the boy is mentally retarded.

Any Parent would go to great length to find out how to save a child. Struthers make me see the negligence and carelessness of many so-called "doctors".

Struthers has faith and persistance; Through a friend,Jonah finds he has a place in Society & belongs.