...And God Spoke (The Making of '...And God Spoke') - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

...And God Spoke (The Making of '...And God Spoke') Reviews

½ April 6, 2015
A director/producer team of such low budget films as "Nude Ninjas" collaborate on a film about the Bible ... the entire Bible. After the initial footage shot is deemed less than promising, their funding is cut off and they have to scrounge to get the money to complete their epic. Their film features some inspired casting ... Lou Ferrigno as Cain, Soupy Sales as Moses and Eve Plumb as Mrs. Noah. This mockumentary about low budget film making pre-dates the post-Christopher Guest explosion of the genre. It's an amusing film with some truly inspired jokes (Moses carrying cans of Coke down from Mount Sinai to help pay for the film) and a lot of mildly amusing stuff. Andy Dick and Chris Kattan appear in small, pre-fame roles.
November 14, 2012
Incredible, organic, funny
½ April 10, 2012
If you need a good reason to laugh at hollywood see this parady on big budget epics that are less than epic, one of my favorite next to Spinal Tap.
December 14, 2011
This is a pretty good movie about a pretty bad movie.
DrStrangeblog
October 27, 2011
Wonderfully funny Canadian mockumentary chronicles the efforts of two film partners who envision creating the next epic on the scale of The Ten Commandments and instead wind up with a disaster of Biblical proportions! Perfectly inappropriate stunt casting adds to the fun, and the commercial fate of their film delivers one of the most perfectly conceived endings of all time.
½ December 25, 2009
Basically, how not to make a movie. Amusing and fairly well made... for a B-movie 'making of' movie about a B movie.
½ October 9, 2009
"...And God Spoke" is a mockumentary that shows signs of greatness and dare I say approaches "This is Spinal Tap" in the genre. The movie is about a producer/director duo that is out to make a movie about the greatest story ever written, The Bible. With studio backing, they go out to make this great "epic" but trip over themselves at every turn from seriously thinking Brando will play God to the animals on Noah's Ark dying from drinking paint thinner and with Eve not being able to do a nude scene because she has a snake tattoo across her entire body.

The duo eventually has a falling out and there is a chance that "the greatest film ever made" won't get made. The ending wraps up the story very nicely.

There are some great "triple z" celebs in this movie including Lou Fregino (sp?), Eve Plumb (Jan from the Brady Bunch playing Noah's wife), Andy Dick, Soupy Sales playing Moses and others.

If you are a fan of all of the Christopher Guest type movies, this one is for you.
½ August 29, 2009
Thought it was going to suck but kinda dug it. There are some things here that ring true...
½ April 7, 2009
There where some funny parts.
August 4, 2008
Very Spinal Tap-esque....I first saw this at a buddy's house in Florida back in like 1995 and it took me 5-6 years to find it.....Such a great, great movie!!!!! The "praying scene" before shooting on the first day is classic!!!!!
½ July 31, 2008
June 28, 2008
the coke bit is awesome
June 10, 2008
What Jack said. Have made many a friend think I was cooler by showing them this "OMG you HAVE to see this!" movie.
May 25, 2008
The only non-Guest mockumentary I've ever seen that's in the same league as his stuff. A brilliant, largely unknown gem.
½ May 16, 2008
Funny if you work in film, if not, it probably isn't that funny
February 27, 2008
Hilarious. One of the first mockumentaries I saw years after Spinal Tap, so it was bound to stand in it's shadow. Years after, now that there are mockumentaries coming out all the time I'm certain this could be looked upon more favourably. Still, a very funny look into a big budget disaster.
February 27, 2008
Probably the funniest movie that most people haven't even heard of.
January 29, 2008
Hyvästä alkuasetelmasta huolimatta pahasti lässähtävä komedia.
½ December 29, 2007
Not a perfect movie, by any stretch of the imagination. But it is a very accurate mirror on the world of making a movie. I've worked with every character in this movie on one project or another.
December 24, 2007
Delightful mockumentary about a production team trying to film the Bible - and doing it very, very badly. Hilarious.