And Your Name Is Jonah Reviews

• Sep 04, 2015

Really solid little TV movie. Sally Struthers is uneven in her acting, some scenes she's great, other scenes she's pretty bad, but in general this is a very good film. James Woods is great, and the story is well told and unique. I went in expecting a cheesy after school special vibe, and instead found a movie that was legit good. I even got a bit teary-eyed towards the end.

• Aug 22, 2015

I have recently visited my daughter who has two handicapped children..She also has a child who is not handicapped sandwiched between the two that are handcappped. .T he child not handicapped is affected by the dynamics..of having two handicapped children in the home but communicates the best to the others..The oldest child was misdiagnosed..and the second child who has not thoroughly been diagnosed is in this dilemma faced by this child in the film..He is not speaking at the milestones expocted from a child who is not deaf....He has an expressive aphasia..and has been misdiagnosed and is now recieving speech therapy....This movie about Jolnah has really hit home..I love it...Thank You Jonah for this film!

• Nov 22, 2012

This was a terrific film with fantastic deaf actors!

This was a terrific film with fantastic deaf actors!

• Jul 04, 2012

TV MOVIE. A couple's deaf child is misdiagnosed as mentally retarded. Yawn! CBS1/28/1979

• May 04, 2012

Well acted, thought provoking drama.

Well acted, thought provoking drama.

• Oct 27, 2011

I can appreciate the goal of this film, but getting there is so annoying! Both the script and the acting are, for the most part, melodramatic, and the only believable characters are the children. Jonah's parents are pretty despicable, and unintentionally, I think.

• Aug 10, 2011

This movie was rather interesting when seen as a sort of time capsule, demonstrating how deafness might have been seen in the late seventies. I have several hard-of-hearing friends and was surprised at how much the perception and response toward them has changed since this movie was made. However, that being said... This movie was pretty awful. Not a single one of the adult performances rang true, the story was melodramatic, the characters were over-the-top and constantly irrational. This could have been a pretty good, fairly powerful little movie, but it was made for TV and it shows.

• Jul 16, 2009

"And your name is JonaH" is an awesome movie that everyone should see. I highly reccommed it to those with disabilities in their family, those with hearing impairments in their families, or those interested in working with the disabled.

• Nov 21, 2007

I thought Sally Struthers played a more serious role than she does as Gloria (All In the Family). Here parents of a deaf child are misled, as the medical community thinks the boy is mentally retarded. Any Parent would go to great length to find out how to save a child. Struthers make me see the negligence and carelessness of many so-called "doctors". Struthers has faith and persistance; Through a friend,Jonah finds he has a place in Society & belongs.